LittleHurt05

Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

For both. I know, because that is what it was. 

Go get a copy of Madden 2002 and Madden 09 and they're both listed at 5-10 in those games. I don't think it was a mistake. 

I've heard stories of people standing next to both of those guys, actually being 6-1 and towering over them. (especially Grossman)

Not true. I’m 1/4 inch under six foot and have stood next to Cade Mcnown. He was taller than me. 

43 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Not true. I’m 1/4 inch under six foot and have stood next to Cade Mcnown. He was taller than me. 

OK, I'll take your word for it. 

Both McNown and Grossman sucked. EOS. 

Let's move on and hope that Trubisky doesn't suck. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I let my inner meatball come out wrt the Bears. I'm trying not to be incredibly skeptical about the Bears and Sox right now. (it is impossible to not be skeptical about the Bulls and the Hawks are in no man's land currently) When I get overly negative it is because the years of failure as an organization  get to me. The skepticism comes from "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" I don't want to get fooled, so I assume incompetence until proven otherwise. 

Approaching it from a neutral perspective and letting it play out is probably the most sensible answer, and I know that, but I choose to be somewhat negative about my favorite teams until competence is proven. I don't like getting disappointed. It doesn't feel good, and it also makes me look like an idiot. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Happy that the Browns finally won a game this century.  Mayfield looked good, I have no idea what they were doing with Taylor the first two games.

Browns could easily be 3-0 with wins vs Pitt and AT NO. Nuts

Their D is young and hungry.

Edited by Brian

To further the point that lombardi is an absolute moron, I remember listening to their post draft pod and him ripping the browns for being so stupid getting mayfield and denzel ward, well they both looked pretty freakin good last night.

Mayfield may get into some decision making trouble, but his "keep a play alive" mentality just oozes playmaker to me. I think Cleveland may finally be turning around.

My guess though is that one of Haley or if the league allows it, gregg williams takes over after the year ala jags did with Marrone.

Browns got some pretty good players.  This draft is looking good and actually last years produced a couple pretty good players. 

I don't know what their ceiling is, but there are way worse teams than them out there.  Arizona, Buffalo, NYG all come to mind.

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Hilarious that they still might not start Mayfield after last night 

And it's week 3. I still think Tyrod is better than he showed, but Hue was so adamant on not giving baker 3rd team reps, and now it's week 3 and he's the likely starter. Not smart planning there.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jack Parkman said:

That isn't what I said. They get all of their info from the team page. I can't magically go back to the 2010 Washington official website and see what Grossman was listed at. I can tell you this, though from people who met him in person he isn't 6 feet tall. I already said they were both listed at 6-1 early in their career, and later they were listed at 5-10. 

Actually, you can!

He's listed as 6-1.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100918170616/http://www.redskins.com:80/team/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Browns got the free Bud Light coolers opened last night!

That may have been incentive to never win another game. 😁

• Love 1

9 hours ago, bmags said:

To further the point that lombardi is an absolute moron, I remember listening to their post draft pod and him ripping the browns for being so stupid getting mayfield and denzel ward, well they both looked pretty freakin good last night.

Mayfield may get into some decision making trouble, but his "keep a play alive" mentality just oozes playmaker to me. I think Cleveland may finally be turning around.

My guess though is that one of Haley or if the league allows it, gregg williams takes over after the year ala jags did with Marrone.

He wasn't the only one. Many others said they should have gone Barkley first then any of the QBs at 4. Most had Mayfield as number 3 in that group because they said the Browns could have waited until 4 and still had him.

7 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Hilarious that they still might not start Mayfield after last night 

That's coachspeak to save face for Taylor.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:03 PM, Jack Parkman said:

OK, I'll take your word for it. 

Both McNown and Grossman sucked. EOS. 

Let's move on and hope that Trubisky doesn't suck. 

He already does evidently, per you

Wow buffalo taking it to Minny. Looking like upset day all over, makes me nervous.

4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

He already does evidently, per you

All Bears QB for all time will suck per his theory.