Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

RIP Disabled List

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's now the Injured List.

I don't know why they wouldn't just call it Injured Reserve like it is in the NHL & NFL, guess they didn't want to be conformists or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I don't know why they wouldn't just call it Injured Reserve like it is in the NHL & NFL, guess they didn't want to be conformists or something.

They call it the injured list in the NBA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really? Why? Don’t like it. 

I would guess some sort of not wanting to have a negative connotation with the word disabled.  The name doesn't really matter.  I hope they go back to the 15 day what-ever-it-is

Edited by turnin' two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I would guess some sort of not wanting to have a negative connotation with the word disabled.  The name doesn't really matter.  I hope they go back to the 15 day what-ever-it-is

Why? I like the 10 day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Oh, only for personal reasons.  The 10 day was a pain in the butt for my fantasy leagues.  

Yeah dodger pitchers are a pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I would guess some sort of not wanting to have a negative connotation with the word disabled.  The name doesn't really matter.  I hope they go back to the 15 day what-ever-it-is

Ironic though... *cough, cough* Russell *cough, cough* Osuna *cough, cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Believe they are going back to the 15 day. 10 day was abused to hell and MLB hates it.

It really got abused. Glad it's going back to 15 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

They call it the injured list in the NBA. 

Are players put on it to the extent that MLB/NFL/NHL utilize theirs? I don't follow basketball so I don't really know if they use it in the same manner as the other sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Are players put on it to the extent that MLB/NFL/NHL utilize theirs? I don't follow basketball so I don't really know if they use it in the same manner as the other sports. 

yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It really got abused. Glad it's going back to 15 days.

I liked it for fantasy reasons. Guys were likely to go on the 10-day DL quicker than the 15. Theres time where teams keep a guy out of the lineup as DTD for a solid week to ten days hoping they will be better only to place him on the DL anyway (retroactive).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I liked it for fantasy reasons. Guys were likely to go on the 10-day DL quicker than the 15. Theres time where teams keep a guy out of the lineup as DTD for a solid week to ten days hoping they will be better only to place him on the DL anyway (retroactive).

I hated it for fantasy. My big league I do every year requires you to set your lineup for the week, so 10 days screws you over because you need to really know the status of the player or risk losing out on production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×