Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

RIP Disabled List

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's now the Injured List.

I don't know why they wouldn't just call it Injured Reserve like it is in the NHL & NFL, guess they didn't want to be conformists or something.

37 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I don't know why they wouldn't just call it Injured Reserve like it is in the NHL & NFL, guess they didn't want to be conformists or something.

They call it the injured list in the NBA. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really? Why? Don’t like it. 

I would guess some sort of not wanting to have a negative connotation with the word disabled.  The name doesn't really matter.  I hope they go back to the 15 day what-ever-it-is

Edited by turnin' two

17 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I would guess some sort of not wanting to have a negative connotation with the word disabled.  The name doesn't really matter.  I hope they go back to the 15 day what-ever-it-is

Why? I like the 10 day

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Oh, only for personal reasons.  The 10 day was a pain in the butt for my fantasy leagues.  

Yeah dodger pitchers are a pain.

54 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Ironic though... *cough, cough* Russell *cough, cough* Osuna *cough, cough*

28 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Believe they are going back to the 15 day. 10 day was abused to hell and MLB hates it.

It really got abused. Glad it's going back to 15 days.

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

They call it the injured list in the NBA. 

Are players put on it to the extent that MLB/NFL/NHL utilize theirs? I don't follow basketball so I don't really know if they use it in the same manner as the other sports. 

20 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Are players put on it to the extent that MLB/NFL/NHL utilize theirs? I don't follow basketball so I don't really know if they use it in the same manner as the other sports. 

yeah. 

8 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It really got abused. Glad it's going back to 15 days.

I liked it for fantasy reasons. Guys were likely to go on the 10-day DL quicker than the 15. Theres time where teams keep a guy out of the lineup as DTD for a solid week to ten days hoping they will be better only to place him on the DL anyway (retroactive).

31 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I liked it for fantasy reasons. Guys were likely to go on the 10-day DL quicker than the 15. Theres time where teams keep a guy out of the lineup as DTD for a solid week to ten days hoping they will be better only to place him on the DL anyway (retroactive).

I hated it for fantasy. My big league I do every year requires you to set your lineup for the week, so 10 days screws you over because you need to really know the status of the player or risk losing out on production.