8/6 | Sox @ Tigers GM1 | Cease vs Norris | 12:10pm CT

Tnetennba

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Yolmer better step his game up or Goins might be that utility infielder when Madrigal comes up next year

Yolmer is good as gone.  No chance they pay him $6.5-7M.  Maybe they try to get him to sign a cheap one year deal before arb, but he's making $4.6M this year and isn't taking a paycut.  

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I read the game thread before checking the box score and assumed we were getting shelled. You guys really need to try benzos or something. 

Cease did pitch over an absolutely terrible jam though

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yolmer is good as gone.  No chance they pay him $6.5-7M.  Maybe they try to get him to sign a cheap one year deal before arb, but he's making $4.6M this year and isn't taking a paycut.  

Yeah as much as i love the guy's personality, he unfortunately this year has shown that he doesn't have a place on a winning ballclub.

I just want him to share his health secrets with everyone. I don't think he's been injured once except for like a flu spell

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Is it wrong that I'm pissed when they give up even one run vs the Tigers? Their lineup is pathetic. 

Their lineup is pretty bad. Cease with a good fastball and change, but I haven't seen a decent curve/slider yet (though I did miss part of first inning). 

Just now, kwolf68 said:

Their lineup is pretty bad. Cease with a good fastball and change, but I haven't seen a decent curve/slider yet (though I did miss part of first inning). 

His curve and slider haven’t been effective at all

Just now, fathom said:

His curve and slider haven’t been effective at all

Yea that's what I've seen. He did have one nice curve that missed wide, otherwise, nothing. His curve is a plus pitch, so this is just part of growth I think. He managed to minimize that damage, a ball Engel could have caught, a duck snort and a ball of a glove. I don't think he's as bad as his line indicates. 

1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

Yea that's what I've seen. He did have one nice curve that missed wide, otherwise, nothing. His curve is a plus pitch, so this is just part of growth I think. He managed to minimize that damage, a ball Engel could have caught, a duck snort and a ball of a glove. I don't think he's as bad as his line indicates. 

70 pitches through 3 innings is no good, but his defense had a lot to do with that. 

I'm beyond surprised how many hits the Tigers are getting off his breaking balls. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

70 pitches through 3 innings is no good, but his defense had a lot to do with that. 

Yep, unless he gets through an inning or two quick, he's probably due for 5. I'd like to see the Sox NOT push his counts over 100 today. We have 2020 to think about.