Rick Hahn on The Score @10am

Orlando

41 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can you elaborate on what was said with regard to the quick signing nugget at the end?

Bruce just said he thinks the Sox will sign someone in the next 48 hours. He said he thinks the Sox don’t want to get caught up in the winter meetings goings on that tends to make teams overbid. He asked Hahn about getting caught up in that, which was pretty much not answered and he seemed to be steering Hahn into mentioning something was about to happen but Rick didn’t take the bait.It is pretty apparent Bruce’s White Sox source has told him someuis close but it obviously wasn’t Osuna. And Ryu was mentioned a few times during the call so I would guess it’s him.

• Like 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Bruce just said he thinks the Sox will sign someone in the next 48 hours. He said he thinks the Sox don’t want to get caught up in the winter meetings goings on that tends to make teams overbid. He asked Hahn about getting caught up in that, which was pretty much not answered and he seemed to be steering Hahn into mentioning something was about to happen but Rick didn’t take the bait.It is pretty apparent Bruce’s White Sox source has told him someuis close but it obviously wasn’t Osuna. And Ryu was mentioned a few times during the call so I would guess it’s him.

Neat. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

It seems that way but players emerge. Some players  in  Class A this year will jump out  in AA next year.  

2 hours ago, Cashman said:

The Sox are not know to develop players. All that I mentioned were highly regarded. The only one I might think would develop and I am interested in is Basabe. Steele Walker doesn't excite me, Sheets doesn't excite me, Adolfo doesn't excite me, and Rutherford doesn't excite me.

Whether or not the White Sox have success developing guys - the key for right now is that aside from Robert, Vaughn, Madrigal, and the guys in their big league roster already, the guys they do have to trade are currently worth very little. Either they're very far away and need to break out at a higher level to be worth anything more than "3rd guy in a solid trade", or they need to recover from bad/injury riddled seasons last year. 

Maybe at the trade deadline we will have other players worth something, but right now that whole list is "Filler/guys who go for big leaguers of limited value". 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

And it’s over. Very boring.

Why do folks bother with him after the stunt they pulled last off-season ?

He's not doing anything more than ownership allows him to do - which is not much.

Madrigal starting the season in the minors is not surprising. Reinsdorf has that time-crap down to a science.  

Edited by GradMc

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah I also got the distinct impression it was Ryu.

Who knows maybe it's both. If the Sox put 125m on the table for Wheeler, they could probably get both Ozuna and Ryu for the same combined dollars (or perhaps a bit more).

3/60 for Ryu and maybe 4/65 for Ozuna?

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

The other thing was that despite playing with an entire tin of chew in his mouth for the kids, Abreu is a God to his fellow Cuban players, and his presence may be one of the reasons they got Grandal.

Asshole is breaking the law.  The CPD should show up to GRate on March 26th and issue him a fine right at first base.

• Thanks 1