Dunning Optioned; Delmonico recalled

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Stone was on the radio and said Dunning looked like his arm was tired and lost his feel after inning 3. I don’t know if that’s cover from the organization, but he said that the send down would be to figure out if he’s ready to be a every 5th day starter

The kid is recovering from TJS and is still getting into condition.  He is going to go to Schaumburg, throw a sim game in 5 days, then most likely be back in another 5 days to start again.  The only thing that might derail that is if ReyLo is ready to go in that slot.

1 hour ago, MackowiakYakYak said:

Stone was on the radio and said Dunning looked like his arm was tired and lost his feel after inning 3. I don’t know if that’s cover from the organization, but he said that the send down would be to figure out if he’s ready to be a every 5th day starter

It’s true. Watching the game you could clearly see he was laboring and losing strength, which is normal considering the circumstances.

Continuing to build him up in a closed environment of meaningless games is the right move for the time being.

Take it slow, he’s got a long career ahead of him - hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Eh.  The Dunning part doesn't bother me at all.  He isn't going to start for a 10 days, which allows you to utilize the roster spot for someone else until the spot comes up again.  He will be back, I would bet on it.

I’m sure there is a logic to it, but at face value sending down the sensational rookie for the 4A outfielder is the worst of both worlds.  Obviously in reality it’s not that big of a deal, but the inner meatball does not like it one bit.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m sure there is a logic to it, but at face value sending down the sensational rookie for the 4A outfielder is the worst of both worlds.  Obviously in reality it’s not that big of a deal, but the inner meatball does not like it one bit.

Face value to who?  I am sure they told Dunning their plans either before he got called up that he would be here for one start, or that when he went down, he would be back in 10 days.

Who else matters?

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Eh.  The Dunning part doesn't bother me at all.  He isn't going to start for a 10 days, which allows you to utilize the roster spot for someone else until the spot comes up again.  He will be back, I would bet on it.

Right now Dunning the third best starter they have but there is the rehab concern.

I was very impressed with his debut.

Great mechanics and mound presence.

He was definitely the sleeper in the Eaton trade

Edited by GradMc