Weird Trade Ideas

bmags

5 hours ago, bmags said:

You'd lose bogaerts next year and be paying him a lot this year. I don't mind Eovaldi flyer, say we don't give up that much pitching. We'd get to use Eovaldi as he was when he was his most vlauable to the red sox.

Honestly didn't know he had an opt out.  You can't do that if you don't remedy that situation.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why is Houston rebuilding?

I mean, the honest answer is Verlander won't pitch this year, Springer is gone now, and seemingly 1/2 of their roster is gone next year. They won't, and this league not being willing to do normal deals for expensive players will be important, but adding in extra talent right now to make a run in 2022 would be the right move if they could get stuff back for Correa, McCullers, Greinke, Bregman, etc.

8 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Sox Get:
Brandon Woodruff
Christian Yelich

Brewers Get Tons of Salary relief and: 
Vaughn
Cease
Dunning
Collins
Adolfo

Love the notion of Brewers as trade partner and floated a version of this a month or so ago. I don't know if there is a scenarion where Brewers consider trading Yelich due to the PR repercussions but he would be a perfect fit. As to Woodruff, we would have to add another serviceable starter...someone like Stiever (WI kid) and even if we remove Yelich from the mix, its doubtful a Vaughn/Cease led package would excite them. Personally, I like Burnes as much or more than Woodruff and he'd be considerably less expensive.  

• Like 1

Sox get: Jarred Kelenic

Mariners get: Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease, Nick Madrigal, Matt Foster, Johnathan Stiever, Jared Kelley, 4 front row seats to all Bulls home games, a year supply of Lou Malnati's pizza, access to the executive bathroom at the Rate, free use of Southpaw and Benny the Bull for weddings. birthdays, bar mitzvahs etc, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1