3/20 | White Sox vs Cleveland | 3:05 CT | whitesox.com

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think a Vaughn extension gets announced next week, so I doubt this happens.  Will be interesting to see to see if Collins has played himself into the 26th man role.  In all honesty, I wish they’d just send Lucroy down to AAA and give Zack the backup catchers job.  He deserves a shot as long as there is an insurance option in place.

Yeah, that's probably the best option. 

Collins deserves a shot either way, and if he doesn't make the team I think that he'll get traded to Pittsburgh, Texas or another team just beginning a rebuild. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Sox80 said:

He's walked a few and hit a batter.  Hasn't been hit hard though. 

Ok I was just checking GameDay and saw 2 DPs, only 1 K. Can't go forever without hiccups in baseball. Would love to see him mow through these guys next time through the order. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

The fastball command isn't really there. But we've seen much worse with Cease I guess? That last strikeout is because they are sitting fastball. Some very solid contact off it in the first.

Do you think it's because he's working the curve back in?

• Like 1

Just my opinion but I think we see Moncada scratch the surface of his ceiling this year. 

He's figured out how to balance patience and being aggressive on hitter's pitches early in the count. 

Would not surprise me at all if his OBP approaches or exceeds .400 this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Do you think it's because he's working the curve back in?

He should never be allowed to throw a curve in a game. He rarely throws it for a strike and MLB hotter don't chase it.

23 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

If no curve then what? Fastball, change and slider?

His slider is much more consistent.  He enough control issues with his fastball. He doesn't need to complicate it with the poor control of the curveball. 

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic