2021-22 NBA Thread

Bulls still have the BAE + Theis exception. This is after adding, since the trade deadline: Vuc, Ball, DeRozan, Caruso, Brown Jr., Green, Jones Jr., Ayo, and Bradley.

Dear lord is this what it's like to have a real front office that knows how to work with the cap?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

...I am not sure I understand that Denver protection...is that saying it should only convey to chicago if it is specifically a better 2nd rounder?

Maybe Denver is so confident of their success they don’t want the pick unless they are bad. 

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Bulls still have the BAE + Theis exception. This is after adding, since the trade deadline: Vuc, Ball, DeRozan, Caruso, Brown Jr., Green, Jones Jr., Ayo, and Bradley.

Dear lord is this what it's like to have a real front office that knows how to work with the cap?

Really hope they can bring in Millsap. Super thin on bigs unless they plan to give Simonovic good minutes right away.

57 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Maybe Denver is so confident of their success they don’t want the pick unless they are bad. 

But if they are bad it goes to the bulls?

Maybe this is they are so confident of their success they need the pick and this allowed them to "give something" they are likely to keep for a few years.

22 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

When was the last time 2 former dunk champions were on the same team? never? 

Gonna be fun watching Lonzo throw lobs to this guy.

I feel like they are going to move him at some point. I dont know anything about NBA salary cap stuff, but I always feel like expiring contracts have some sort of value. 

The thing to watch is what does the Bulls front office do with those picks. They have 2 first round picks and I have to think if the team plays well and a star comes available those are in serious play (pairing with others). 

Pretty excited to see what this team actually looks like. Lavine is so darn likeable - I really am hoping they can take that step up.

51 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The thing to watch is what does the Bulls front office do with those picks. They have 2 first round picks and I have to think if the team plays well and a star comes available those are in serious play (pairing with others). 

Pretty excited to see what this team actually looks like. Lavine is so darn likeable - I really am hoping they can take that step up.

I think it would be hard because they’d have to draft at least one of those picks for the other team right?

I think trading for a star may be tough, getting one to sign more likely unless they swap out a Vuc for a bigger star

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Has there ever been a player with simultaneously such big pluses (age, DPOY level player, under contract, good ball handling, all-star) and minuses (demanding out, can't close out games in the playoffs, scared to take shots, max contract, less-than-flattering off court image)?

20 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Bulls got a chance at Aldridge? He played with DeRozan, so there's that, but I'm guessing he would want to chase a ring.

The thing I liked about chasing millsap is I was under the impression he can still defend pretty well, aldridge was a pretty big defensive liability at the end for the spurs. There aren't a lot of options left that scream out but no option really screams out anymore so gonna have a scout pick. 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

The thing I liked about chasing millsap is I was under the impression he can still defend pretty well, aldridge was a pretty big defensive liability at the end for the spurs. There aren't a lot of options left that scream out but no option really screams out anymore so gonna have a scout pick. 

Yeah - Millsap was the better fit for sure. I think Vanderbilt from wolves wouldn’t be a horrible choice as a runner up. More upside but obviously more risk. 

I do think good shot Aldridge ends up on roster if he does play. 

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Yeah - Millsap was the better fit for sure. I think Vanderbilt from wolves wouldn’t be a horrible choice as a runner up. More upside but obviously more risk. 

I do think good shot Aldridge ends up on roster if he does play. 

Vanderbilt is RFA though isn't he? Feels like we are tapped out there for a bit.

Alize Johnson it is. Doesn't have great size but that boy can rebound. Had a 20/20 game last year. Gotta have some talent to do that. Love that he made a Rodman post on Twitter when he found out he's coming here..... Probably the best forward available right now. I dig it. Lots of versatility on this team. 

9 hours ago, scs787 said:

Alize Johnson it is. Doesn't have great size but that boy can rebound. Had a 20/20 game last year. Gotta have some talent to do that. Love that he made a Rodman post on Twitter when he found out he's coming here..... Probably the best forward available right now. I dig it. Lots of versatility on this team. 

Nah, this is Jimmy Butler.

MOST_Johnson_Alize.jpg