All Injuries - One Link

Texsox

On 5/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, ptatc said:

PEDs from my perspective.

Not sure about LSD but I don't put anything by pro athletes if they think it would help.

Late to the party, and I'm sure I'm missing other publicly available instances of players playing while on LSD, but I'm choosing to believe that there is a 100% correlation between taking LSD and throwing a no-hitter based on the only (willingly known) evidence I have.

10 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Late to the party, and I'm sure I'm missing other publicly available instances of players playing while on LSD, but I'm choosing to believe that there is a 100% correlation between taking LSD and throwing a no-hitter based on the only (willingly known) evidence I have.

Dock Ellis - 1970.
ptatc had previously said something about potential substance use around the league. I kidded back 'LSD?' Microdosing (extremely low dosage) acid has been a thing for awhile among some young urban professionals. While I was kidding, doing something like that is not entirely out of the question for some athletes. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Seems like it. But then it gets interesting when max amount of pitchers moves from 14 to 13 beginning of June.

Going to need to shed three pitchers. One when Bummer is back, one on June 1, and one when Lynn is back. Sousa, Foster and Banks all have options, but Foster has been pitching well and losing both Sousa and Banks leaves Bummer as the only lefty.

I think one of Cueto, Velasquez or Keuchel is gone when Lynn is back. No need to carry 8 starters.

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Going to need to shed three pitchers. One when Bummer is back, one on June 1, and one when Lynn is back. Sousa, Foster and Banks all have options, but Foster has been pitching well and losing both Sousa and Banks leaves Bummer as the only lefty.

I think one of Cueto, Velasquez or Keuchel is gone when Lynn is back. No need to carry 8 starters.

Yeah whoever the extra guy is can be a spot-starter and long reliever. Probably someone with options like you said but I kinda like having more than one lefty. Velasquez seems like an obvious answer.

Edited by Bob Sacamano