Would you rather . . .

CentralChamps21

Would you rather . . .  

82 members have voted

1. 1. If these were your only two options for the outcome of the 2022 season, which would you prefer?

• Sox win AL Central but fail to reach ALCS, Tony LaRussa returns for 2023
    • Sox miss playoffs entirely, Tony LaRussa does not return for 2023

If JR's loyalty to TLR >>> winning another World Series title, all the fans of this franchise are in for a world of hurt.

JR the Businessman has to be objective enough to realize the consequences of a failed rebuild are not catastrophic or tragic but something close to devastating for fans who were so invested in the process and storytelling over the past 5-6 years.

It would largely wipe out a future generation of young Sox fans in Chicago.

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Please vote. If you chose option 1, please explain why you chose the wrong option.

LOL Totally impartial . I like it. But that's the wrong option. Winning trumps all. I want the players to play well more than I want the Sox to play bad just because I want LaRussa out the door.  The owner is still JR and the GM is still Hahn and the Sox will continue to Sox without TLR.

LaRussa is just a tree and the whole forest is infected to the roots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

I’d rather take a look at things a couple weeks after Lynn has returned.

Amen brother ! It's honestly alarming that TLR is such a huge scapegoat to the point that people rather get rid of him than have the players excel enough to win. The team has many injuries, they aren't scoring any runs and have been on the road more than they have been at home.

Kopech has been very good. The relief pitching for the most part has done well. McGuire is a competent catcher . Gio pitched well in his return. As bad as the Sox have looked any time in the next 4 months the Sox could go 40-15 with Robert , Moncada,Vaughn ,Anderson ,Abreu, Grandal, Pollock and Sheets crushing it .

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I do not know what happened this week, but these last 6 games are exactly what a team looks like on the field when they are distracted by a clubhouse in disarray.

Could be, for sure. But I think it's tough to draw that kind of conclusion from a week and change.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tony said:

Surprised by some of the responses here. No one is wrong, just surprised. 

I'd ask this question to the group after seeing some of the comments: 

You're told from 2022-2026, the Sox will win the World Series one time, but not make the playoffs in any other year. Or, the Sox make the playoffs every year from 2022-2026, but you know they don't win the World Series. 

What's your choice? 

Make the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If JR's loyalty to TLR >>> winning another World Series title, all the fans of this franchise are in for a world of hurt.

JR the Businessman has to be objective enough to realize the consequences of a failed rebuild are not catastrophic or tragic but something close to devastating for fans who were so invested in the process and storytelling over the past 5-6 years.

JR the business man is also JR the old guy.  He doesn't care about future generations as he won't be here to enjoy that.  

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If JRs loyalty was winning >>> TLR, he never would have brought back that vampire in the first place