music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
Still on "Absolution" by Muse myself...

the music quality is great on this disc, love to hear these 3 guys just tear it up.

Trying to keep "Hot Fuss" by The Killers in rotation also..

yeah, the 1st 6 tracks on 'Hot Fuss' are solid, the rest kinda fades out.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Jul 22, 2004 -> 02:19 AM)
I listen to basically anything that's not classical or country.

Favorite all time song:  "More than a feeling" - Boston

Favorite current song:  "I am the Highway" - Audioslave

And Goldmember mentioned V-Shaped Mind!!!  Wow!!!  There are seriously only a few people who have heard of that band.  A great band from Decatur, they have played on the ISU campus in local band shows.  "Monsters under the bed, under the bed...bashing your head...somebody tell me...please tell me who's got my back."

Boston Is one of my favorite bands ever...

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bump, yeah I know...oh well.

Anyways, I figured I'd just point out that the first song off of Audioslave's new album is out, entitled 'Be Yourself'...as seen in my signature. I must say...I really like the song a lot, and definately can't wait for the new album, which comes out in May.

Also, Cali...I listened to Euphoria Morning a little more...and while I liked it, it seems soft. I like all kinds of music, so it is cool by me...and the fact that it is Cornell and that I just like all his music probably helps.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
You've been listening to that song for a while...

MY WINAMP PLAYER IS ON REPEAT AND I CANT TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!! :banghead :chair

nah, just playin...I listen to other stuff too. That is just my favorite song right now

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
It's a bump, yeah I know...oh well.

Anyways, I figured I'd just point out that the first song off of Audioslave's new album is out, entitled 'Be Yourself'...as seen in my signature.  I must say...I really like the song a lot, and definately can't wait for the new album, which comes out in May.

Also, Cali...I listened to Euphoria Morning a little more...and while I liked it, it seems soft.  I like all kinds of music, so it is cool by me...and the fact that it is Cornell and that I just like all his music probably helps.

The musical arrangement and riff for "Be Yourself" and "Like a Stone" are very similar. Don't like that at all. Though I'm not really a Audioslave fan they really can't fall into the repeatitive riff sydrome that RATM had. Also I really REALLY hate Tom Morello's solo styling. It bores me. I really don't see how some people consider him one of the greatest guitarists of his generation.

And the wide range of musical stylings on Euphoria Morning is probably why I love it so much. So different from the Soundgarden stuff. That's also probably why the album tanked so hard, and why, sadly he'll probably never try that solo stuff again.

QUOTE(BridgeportHeather @ Apr 2, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
The song I can't get enough of right now is Technotronic's "Pump up the Jam."

What's is like living back in 1989?

QUOTE(Cali @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 02:33 AM)
The musical arrangement and riff for "Be Yourself" and "Like a Stone" are very similar. Don't like that at all. Though I'm not really a Audioslave fan they really can't fall into the repeatitive riff sydrome that RATM had. Also I really REALLY hate Tom Morello's solo styling. It bores me. I really don't see how some people consider him one of the greatest guitarists of his generation.

And the wide range of musical stylings on Euphoria Morning is probably why I love it so much. So different from the Soundgarden stuff. That's also probably why the album tanked so hard, and why, sadly he'll probably never try that solo stuff again.

You are right that there are very distinct similarities between the two songs now that you mention it. It is a letdown, but I still like the song...it is better then listening to the same Audioslave songs over and over.

I personally like Morello, but calling him one of the best of his generation....probably not.

I have also dug deeper into the Soundgarden archives too...have listened to Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, and Down on the Upside quite a bit. DotU is definately a bit more...how to say this...interesting then Badmotorfinger and Superunknown.

Recent favorites:

Stereophonics - Dakota ( great song! )

The Mopes - Accident Waiting To Happen CD

My Chemical Romance - 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge CD

( I was just OK with the song "I'm Not Okay", but I got this disc from Kid Gleason and I gotta say, it's much better than I expected )

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
My Chemical Romance - 3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge CD

( I was just OK with the song "I'm Not Okay", but I got this disc from Kid Gleason and I gotta say, it's much better than I expected )

He's not o-f***ing-kay, alright?

:puke

As you can tell by the Sig I'm a huge Dave Matthews fan, just bought concert tickets to Apline and Tweeter yesterday morning :D . No love for him or the Beatles on here... I'm also a big fan of Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, OAR, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Clapton, McCartney, Lennon, Dropkick Murphys (playin at Oak Fest here this summer!!!) I guess I'm a minority on this board, lol

I picked up Beck's new album, Guero, this weekend.

Gotta love the new single E-Pro and it's sampling of So What'Cha Want. It's a pretty solid album overall, a lot more upbeat than Sea Change although that was good in its own way.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
I picked up Beck's new album, Guero, this weekend.

Gotta love the new single E-Pro and it's sampling of So What'Cha Want. It's a pretty solid album overall, a lot more upbeat than Sea Change although that was good in its own way.

I've read a mixed review or two on it, I think mostly because it's kind of retrospectivish according to the people I've read about it. I have yet to hear it though... when I get my internet back tomorrow I plan on illegally downloading... err purchasing this album and listening to it.

I don't know why, but the song "Good Night Good Night" by Hot Hot Heat is stuck in my mind lately.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 07:14 AM)
I don't know why, but the song "Good Night Good Night" by Hot Hot Heat is stuck in my mind lately.

Better than the Safety Dance.... :ph34r:

I'm beginning to enjoy the new Green Day Album now...I skip track 1 because its the most over played song...but 3 and 4's transition from Holiday to Boulevard of Broken Dreams is pretty cool...I like wake me up when september ends too...its pretty sweet.

I also am enjoying International Superhits too...

It's kinda cool to see Green Day get some love, from at least critics. People used to say all their stuff sounded the same, 3 minute and 2 chord cliche punk songs. Then they turn around and make a more mature, diverse record and people label them 'sell outs'. You can't win with everyone.

What's the saying? Turnabout is fairplay...or something such as that? Well, I got two songs from the older band Clowns For Progress from The Critic, looked into them, and found that their website has everything they recorded on it for download, so I grabbed the Progress album, and they were a GREAT band!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)
Here's what I've been spinnin' lately:

Bloc Party- very, very good

Louis XIV-good

The Futureheads- eh, so-so

anyone else listen to these guys?

I've heard stuff by all three of these bands on Q101's "Indie Night", and while they were all pretty good, I don't think I'll end up buying anything by them.

Oh, and you're more than welcome, Kid! It's rare that I can sneak a new band past you, so it's always fun when I can, Mr. 7,000,000 Album Man!!!

The Clowns were excellent and I miss them a lot!!

:headbang

"Q101's Indie Night"

God I think I would fall asleep before the DJ could even fininsh annoucning what the program is called.

"Hey welcome Q101's Ind--:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
Uh, what do you mean?

I'm saying I find most Indie bands mind numbingly boring therefore I would fall asleep on the off-chance I would ever be caught listing to a show that exclusivly plays said boring bands.