music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Bridgeport Sox @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
yeah i was at alpine last year for the Rick James tribute, and I'll be there again for the saturday show.

Any comments on Thursdays show? I thought the cover of Time of the Season by the Zombies was amazing...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
Any comments on Thursdays show?  I thought the cover of Time of the Season by the Zombies was amazing...

Yeah, the zombies cover was so cool to get hit with off guard. The show was pretty amazing, mainly because I had good seats, but the choice of old stuff was great. Grey Street sounded great, Crash into Me and I was even impressed with the way the new stuff sounded, because I am not the greatest fan of the new album(but its not that bad)

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 3, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Anyone buy the Ben Folds CD or have atleast listened to it? I'm thinking of going out and buying it.

I have a copy...theres one song on the CD worth listening too...Track 2 "You To Thank" Other than that I could take it or leave it.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
Weren't they supposed to break up after "Rush of Blood to the Head" because the album was "that good?"

Hahaha, that album f***ing blew.

Bought yesterday:

Tortoise - TNT

Four Tet - Everything Ecstatic

William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops III

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
Hahaha, that album f***ing blew.

Bought yesterday:

Tortoise - TNT

Four Tet - Everything Ecstatic

William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops III

Matter of opinion I guess. I still listen to "Rush of Blood to the Head" myself, all the way through. I've listened to X & Y a little bit, will be trying to hear it al lthe way through soon enough.

But for now its all about the "Karma and Effect" by Seether, and "Out of Exile" by Audioslave

:headbang

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
But for now its all about..."Out of Exile" by Audioslave

I haven't said like anything about Out of Exile in this thread since it came out(though I have mentioned a few times here and there)

I think I may be Cornell's biggest fan on the site, and I have to say that I am a little disappointed lyrically with the album when it comes right down to it. I personally think they sound a lot better than the first album, but the lyrics are not doing it for me.

B0009I7NNA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've heard so much bad s*** about this Album, and even I was skeptical at first, after hearing the first song on the album. To be honest I hated it, but after a while it started to grow on me. Now that I've heard the album I'm really diggin it for some reason. It's a complete departure from their previous amazing effort "Waking the Fallen". The only way I can describe this album is if you took Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Dream Theater and Guns n' Roses and smashed them together. The singers voice will definately rub people the wrong way, he can whine at times, but I'm not really stuck on that little detail. He is also only singing on this album no screaming at all. I heard that there might have been a medical reason for that, but I'm not sure I buy that. It would be a shame because I liked his scream, and that would probably eliminate much of their older stuff in concert.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 22, 2004 -> 03:24 AM)
tool, dredg, opeth, the mars volta, system of a down, bjork, godspeed you black emperor, rage against the machine, incubus, the roots, nin, pantera, dave matthews, jack johnson, animal collective, pink floyd, tupac, sigur ros

im sure im forgetin some, but who do you all like?

Metal. I'm inot more of the european power metal bands. And of course thrash

Megadeth, Anthrax(old), Testament, Dio, Slayer, Older Metallica, Metal Church, Helloween, Stratovarious, Iron Maiden

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Checking out Oasis's new album Don't Believe the Truth. Got pretty good reviews down here.

It has some decent stuff, but whoever the critic was that called Noel a singing advertisement for smoking too much was so dead on.

My friend purchased The Disintegration Loops I and II by William Basinski and I will be receiving them shortly. Also since I talked to the lovely Mr. Basinski, I'm f***ing anxious as hell to get my hands on those discs.

I caught the tail end of Letterman yesterday and was surprised that the Shout Out Louds played. I was just starting to get into their stuff and it was pretty cool that they were on national TV. They kinda remind me of The Strokes but there's just something I really like about this Scandanavian band.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Anyone heard the new White Stripes cd yet?

The new White Stripes is pretty bad. The girl sings way to damn much.

I just got the new System of a Down. I never really liked them in the past but this album is pretty damn good in my opinion. Some really weird s***.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)
I haven't said like anything about Out of Exile in this thread since it came out(though I have mentioned a few times here and there)

I think I may be Cornell's biggest fan on the site, and I have to say that I am a little disappointed lyrically with the album when it comes right down to it.  I personally think they sound a lot better than the first album, but the lyrics are not doing it for me.

Out of Exile is more like Cornell's solo album, and less like Audioslave's first. I dig the solo album, and i dig the new Audioslave.....It's not what i expected but it's still good.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Out of Exile is more like Cornell's solo album, and less like Audioslave's first.  I dig the solo album,  and i dig the new Audioslave.....It's not what i expected but it's still good.

I was actually thinking something along those lines.

It is a good album...I like the sound of it...but basically, it's exactly what you said - I wasn't expecting it at all.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I was actually thinking something along those lines.

It is a good album...I like the sound of it...but basically, it's exactly what you said - I wasn't expecting it at all.

do you have the solo album by chris?

Gambled this weekend and picked up the new Jack Johnson and the new Oasis.

Johnson is ok, you definately gotta be in the mood, as all his stuff is so similar. It's fine as background of you wanna relax and jump on line for a while.

I would have thought Oasis got a new singer. He sounds so different, but it's a welcome change. I'm diggin' the new record a lot so far.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
Gambled this weekend and picked up the new Jack Johnson and the new Oasis.

Johnson is ok, you definately gotta be in the mood, as all his stuff is so similar. It's fine as background of you wanna relax and jump on line for a while.

I would have thought Oasis got a new singer. He sounds so different, but it's a welcome change.    I'm diggin' the new record a lot so far.

The new JJ is definitely good music for summer, as is his older stuff too. Just takin a nap on a float in my pool is perfect for that music. I'll have to check out the new Oasis though, I heard it was just average by some other people.