Do you think that the Sox

Winnin Ugly

Lord I hope not...at least not yet. I want our team to have a chance to gel. And we still have a huge "Pickup" coming at the end of May in Frank Thomas. Clubhouse chemistry is as good now as it has ever been, and I don't wanna sway it one way or another.

QUOTE(Cy Garland @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Id do Juan Uribe for A Rod with the yanks covering 95% of his salary which would still leave us paying him a few million. :bang

:headshake arod is a stuck up b**** who is a cancer to any team and as long as any team has him that team will never win a world series.......period

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
I would love to get Hideki Matsui

yeah and while were at it why not acquire kaz ishii and kaz matsui and ching meng weng and hideo nomo, chin hui tsao, bhyung hung kim. nakamura, just bring in the whole japanese players to play with us....jk jk

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
yeah and while were at it why not acquire kaz ishii and kaz matsui and ching meng weng and hideo nomo, chin hui tsao, bhyung hung kim. nakamura, just bring in the whole japanese players to play with us

At least get your rant correct. Half of the players you listed are korean

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
yeah and while were at it why not acquire kaz ishii and kaz matsui and ching meng weng and hideo nomo, chin hui tsao, bhyung hung kim. nakamura, just bring in the whole japanese players to play with us

Um...

Or would could bring in Matusi because he is awesome.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
:headshake arod is a stuck up b**** who is a cancer to any team and as long as any team has him that team will never win a world series.......period

He's the hardest worker in baseball, who from what I've heard is an outstanding teammate. He's a fierce competitor with arguably the most talent in all of the major leagues. I don't view him as stuck up, but more so a little bit cocky, which he should be because he's a stud. He's not coming here, but you're telling me that you wouldn't want A-Rod on your team because that team will never win a world series with such an athlete? Give me a break. There's been plenty of teams that have won a World Series with bad apples on their team.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
I hate to say it and I know it won't happen but I would like to have Jeter on our team.

i would too, guess id trade timo and willie for jeter, put uribe at third jeter at shortstop iguchi at second crede can learn outfield and first base, and all is well

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
He's the hardest worker in baseball, who from what I've heard is an outstanding teammate.  He's a fierce competitor with arguably the most talent in all of the major leagues.  I don't view him as stuck up, but more so a little bit cocky, which he should be because he's a stud.  He's not coming here, but you're telling me that you wouldn't want A-Rod on your team because that team will never win a world series with such an athlete?  Give me a break.  There's been plenty of teams that have won a World Series with bad apples on their team.

cocky...i guess thats what i was leaning towards and he is good but to bring him in for one year is foolish

I would get Rivera....someone the Boss may dump since he is up in age. Yes he is old and has had some issues this year, but man if he gets it going in the playoffs, he is money as our closer.

I would give them a mid level prospect for him, nothing more.

Another player I would also look at for depth would be Tino Martinez in case Frank does not come back and Dye continues to stink. That way Carl plays RF and Tino plays 1B with Paulie at DH and vice versa.

When I hear that I'm thinking mroe of them dumping Sheffield for a lot of minor league talent, possibly womack, and gordon as well. Sheffield taking over for Dye in RF come trade deadline would be unreal. Middle of the order being Sheffield-Thomas-Konerko. Not too bad. But who needs a change when you are 21-7.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
I hate to say it and I know it won't happen but I would like to have Jeter on our team.

I was going to suggest that at well. Having him on our team would be tremendous! Also Rivera would be a nice addition and maybe Posada instead of Widger, too.

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I was going to suggest that at well.  Having him on our team would be tremendous!  Also Rivera would be a nice addition and maybe Posada instead of Widger, too.

We are not gonna add on that much payroll.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)

I think Jeter is more selfish than ARod... No specific reason.. just a hunch.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
cocky...i guess thats what i was leaning towards and he is good but to bring him in for one year is foolish

Uh, he's signed through 2010. :huh:

Anyways, I'd agree that the types Georgey will be looking to dump will be the 35 and older crowd. Sheff, Flash, and Womack as KW-OK said, and I wouldn't be surprised if he fielded offers for Brown, RJ, Bernie, perhaps Mo, Moose, Stanton, and maybe more.

You won't see the left side of the infield being changed, I can almost guarantee you that.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Dunno why that would be in green...

I meant to bold it, just habit I guess. But as you can see by the reply, it's the response I expected. "Them's all the same to me"

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
I meant to bold it, just habit I guess. But as you can see by the reply, it's the response I expected. "Them's all the same to me"

I understand why you did it...I think

To me, it seemed like instead of you wanting to make your point valid and true, which it still is, you wanted to inject a little humor into it, making sure everyone understands it, thus the green.