Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
Why did Ozzie take Rowand out of the 3 hole? Not sure if it was discussed. His average went up since his move there.

I had the same question. What is the reasoning for taking someone out of a spot in the lineup when he was actually starting to hit the ball from there? Not only that but to replace him with Everett who has just sucked REAL bad lately.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
Why did Ozzie take Rowand out of the 3 hole? Not sure if it was discussed. His average went up since his move there.

That's a good question, I would have liked to keep him there too. The offense was producing better with Aaron there, I guess he wanted to move Carl back up to the 3 spot though.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Garland = groundball master

Garland looked very good that inning. He needs to keep getting grounders from this power hitting team. Also, I hope today is the last time this season we see Everett in the 3rd hole.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
That's a good question, I would have liked to keep him there too.  The offense was producing better with Aaron there, I guess he wanted to move Carl back up to the 3 spot though.

This isn't directed at you, but that thinking by Ozzie is so stupid. Everett's done nothing to justify being moved up in the order. Everett's been the rally killer for 2 months now.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
This isn't directed at you, but that thinking by Ozzie is so stupid.  Everett's done nothing to justify being moved up in the order.  Everett's been the rally killer for 2 months now.

Fathom, we agree on something :cheers :P Carl's been slumping and Aaron was looking great in that 3 hole, not to mention the offense looked to be clicking, come to think of it this recent funk started right when Aaron was taken out of that spot.