Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite

I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur preaching the same thing:

Mueller would need to be dealt to a playoff contender in need of a veteran third baseman for the stretch, a team also willing to give up a valuable arm. Chicago and Los Angeles are two AL teams who could use an upgrade at third, with Joe Crede and Dallas McPherson respectively

So once again, Bill Mueller will be traded to the White Sox.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, redandwhite.

Over at BTF, the White Sox chatter'ers were talking about the exact same thing. Is Youk pretty much set to take over? I know he's done just about everything he can do over at Pawtucket, right? And, with the BoSox's bullpen woes, I could see a guy like Jeff Baj or Shingo/Vizcaino going over there, along with one of our upper-tier prospects (not the elite guys, though).

Hope to see your response to some of my questions above.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur preaching the same thing:

So once again, Bill Mueller will be traded to the White Sox.

I still would rather have a Reliver added before a 3rd baseman. I know crede is bad on offense but he is unstopable on defense!

edit: my bad

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
Thanks for the info, redandwhite.

Over at BTF, the White Sox chatter'ers were talking about the exact same thing.  Is Youk pretty much set to take over?  I know he's done just about everything he can do over at Pawtucket, right?  And, with the BoSox's bullpen woes, I could see a guy like Jeff Baj or Shingo/Vizcaino going over there, along with one of our upper-tier prospects (not the elite guys, though).

Hope to see your response to some of my questions above.

Well Mueller will most likely not be back next season, and with how poor the Red Sox bullpen has been (Embree, Mantei, Halama all could be gone before the deadline) "changes have to be made" as Theo said.

Youkilis is now 26 years old, and accomplished all he can at Pawtucket, and has every right to not only be on the major league roster, but starting aswell. With the Olerud signing, he is now third on the depth chart at first, and his at-bats have plummeted even further.

He's having a very solid year in limited time, and every game where he has seen more than three at-bats he has gotten a hit as explained in the article. So yes, I personally think its about time he takes over permanently especially if Mueller, who I love both as a person and as a player, can equate to an above average bullpen arm.

The Red Sox really have no interest in Baj, Shingo, or Vizcaino in my opinion. Cla Meredith can basically do what all three of them do, and it has even been mentioned that Craig Hansen (drafted this season) could see action by the end of the year.

A great fit in my opinion, and obviously you guys won't agree considering the White Sox bullpen woes, is Damaso Marte. Neal Cotts to me is the go-to lefty at this point in the season, and really the only valuable chip that the White Sox could offer outside of prospects, and of course Timo Perez (I'm joking).

Who knows though, if the White Sox falter and Baltimore continues to perform, the Red Sox might be hesitant to make any such move to an American League playoff contender.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:48 AM)
redandwhite would know more than me about this, but Boston would probably want to upgrade their pen correct?

DBaho and Rowand, I know the question wasn't addressed at me, but yes, that's where they'd want the upgrade. Unless, of course, some sort of deal went down where Konerko went to Boston -- 'cause I don't know how happy they are with Millar.

They're more than set in the rotation -- Schilling (hurt), Wells (hurt), Clement, Miller, Arroyo, Wakefield, Halama too (emergency spot starter, IIRC). Their bullpen though, could use some help.

I doubt they'd like Vizcaino, but who knows, maybe Theo thinks he could use Shingo. I could definitely see them liking Bajenaru, though...

EDIT: Ok, saw your post. Yeah, Marte makes sense, I didn't think about it. I'd hate to lose Marte, but if it meant getting an everyday thirdbaseman who's going to get on-base consistently and can handle the bat real well, then ya gotta do it.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
EDIT:  Ok, saw your post.  Yeah, Marte makes sense, I didn't think about it.  I'd hate to lose Marte, but if it meant getting an everyday thirdbaseman who's going to get on-base consistently and can handle the bat real well, then ya gotta do it.

Really? I thought I would be chewed out over here for even suggesting a Marte departure. Thats interesting, thanks.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Really?  I thought I would be chewed out over here for even suggesting a Marte departure.  Thats interesting, thanks.

After his performances in the last month, I think a lot of people are now warming up to the idea of seeing Marte go in a trade.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
Mueller will cost more than a mediocre reliever like Dingo, Jizzcan, or Bajenaru.

Polanco cost Urbina ..... They added Ramon Martinez too, but he is like TImo Perez. He has negative trade value. He actually hurt the package. I can't believe they found a team to take him.

In other words, that's exactly what is would take to get Mueller is a mediocre reliever.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
After his performances in the last month, I think a lot of people are now warming up to the idea of seeing Marte go in a trade.

I definitely don't want to lose Damaso however if the right package came along I wouldn't necessarily be against it. Damaso's stuff looked absolutely fantastic tonight but he still got hit around pretty good, I was stumped just leaving to many pitches over the plate at this point.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
I definitely don't want to lose Damaso however if the right package came along I wouldn't necessarily be against it.  Damaso's stuff looked absolutely fantastic tonight but he still got hit around pretty good, I was stumped just leaving to many pitches over the plate at this point.

Another ridiculous Ozzie move, might I add.

:ph34r: