Game Thread vs Seattle Aug 26th @ 9:05

letsgoarow

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
you guys are nuts.  i dont understand how you can possibly conceed a loss, to a ROOKIE pitcher. yes, top prospect in baseball aside, hes still 19! who knows whats gonna happen if this guy makes 1 mistake in teh 1st and it gets jacked.

Have you seen this guy pitch?

If you didnt know that Felix was a rookie, you wouldnt think it by watching him.

He just doesnt get flustered, nor makes mistakes, he keeps all of his pitches down..he has a nasty 12-6 pitch, his fastball is not even his best pitch!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
If by "soft-tossing" you mean a guy who throws 98 with a mid 80's curveball... then yes.

Trust me, I know all about King Felix. The people at Baseball America think he's the best looking young pitcher in the modern era. Shockingly, second on their list is Felix Diaz.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
Trust me, I know all about King Felix.  The people at Baseball America think he's the best looking young pitcher in the modern era.  Shockingly, second on their list is Felix Diaz.

have you seen him pitch?

or even looked at his stats so far?

QUOTE(supersuicidedoll @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Have you seen this guy pitch? 

If you didnt know that Felix was a rookie, you wouldnt think it by watching him.

He just doesnt get flustered, nor makes mistakes, he keeps all of his pitches down..he has a nasty 12-6 pitch, his fastball is not even his best pitch!

wait a second.....you mean to tell me that you have seen felix enough to know that he doesnt make mistakes????? show me a pitcher who doesnt make mistakes. look im as big of a baseballamerica junkie as anyone, and i am fully aware of king felix's capabilities. to say that anyone doesnt make mistakes on teh mound is just not a smart statement to make. he could very well dominate us, i understnad that. but people on here are acting like we have no chance at all, and i simply will never say that any pitcher, especially a rookie, is a lock to win a game.

by the way, yes i saw felix pitch twice thru mlbtv. so i have seen him pitch.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
have you seen him pitch?

or even looked at his stats so far?

I take it that wasn't for me, but rather for daa's post? Yes, I've seen him pitch. He has "IT"! However, I like our chances better against him than I did against Johan. It's not like Hernandez was unhittable in the minors. However, if we go to the plate swinging at everything he throws, we're not going to have a productive offensive game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 09:27 AM)
I take it that wasn't for me, but rather for daa's post?  Yes, I've seen him pitch.  He has "IT"!  However, I like our chances better against him than I did against Johan.  It's not like Hernandez was unhittable in the minors.  However, if we go to the plate swinging at everything he throws, we're not going to have a productive offensive game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let's see he has shut down the Twins twice did you see them the last week their offense is nothing to write home about and KC, not really murder's row. The Tigers hit him somewhat and we saw him in the spring. The Duke needs a good outing and we need to change our approach.

Timo should let a pitch hit him, charge them mound and get both of them tossed.

All this and I do not like our chances, hopefully the starting pitching can keep it up as Moyer is going Sunday and their bullpen shuts us down, not good but let's see what happens.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
They faced Felix in ST.  He was hitting 98 on the gun in that game.  So while it was a while ago, they did face him.

And Konerko hit a HR off of him. But ST means s*** now.

I think Hernandez will pitch a good game. Which one do I mean? Doesn't matter.

One reason Hernandez signed with the Mariners instead of interested teams such as the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers was that Garcia was pitching in Seattle. Garcia is sure Hernandez's career will surpass anything he or any other Venezuelan has done, including Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana of the Minnesota Twins.

''If you look that far ahead, yeah, probably,'' Garcia said. ''He throws 97 to 98 [mph] with a good breaking pitch, good changeup. He has everything. The only thing he has to do is to keep focused and working hard for success.''

Garcia is looking forward to tonight's matchup as Felix Hernandez faces the Sox' Orlando Hernandez (no relation), who is listed as 35.

''The kid against Grandpa,'' Garcia said with a laugh.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I know you're being sarcastic but:

Struggling offense+Young phenom pitcher we haven't seen before= :uhoh

I didnt read any farther into this thread, so if someone said it already, thats cool. But he have seen this kid, and we roughed him up for around 6 runs I believe. I think that they will TCB.

Felix Hernandez got roughed up in ST and...

Brandon McCarthy shut everyone down in ST.

ST means s***.

This team needs to show patience at the plate against a rookie. They're going to have to battle and every now and then sit on a pitch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Felix Hernandez got roughed up in ST and...

Brandon McCarthy shut everyone down in ST.

ST means s***.

This team needs to show patience at the plate against a rookie. They're going to have to battle and every now and then sit on a pitch.

Great point. He was also walking batters at a bad clip in the minors..and now he has 4 walks vs 30K's

I'm predicting a victory for our club against Hernandez.

Knowing how odd baseball operates--our pathetic offense will probably hit one of the most highly touted prospects in the last several decades. Then, appropriately enough, we'll be shut down with the same lineup against Gill Meche, Pineiro, or whichever jobber starting pitcher Seattle lines up after tonight.

QUOTE(supersuicidedoll @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Hes young...give him time before he can master a 4th pitch :)

His slider is his best pitch. He's just not allow to throw it in games because of how young he is, they don't want to risk injuring his arm.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I'm predicting a victory for our club against Hernandez.

Knowing how odd baseball operates--our pathetic offense will probably hit one of the most highly touted prospects in the last several decades. Then, appropriately enough, we'll be shut down with the same lineup against Gill Meche, Pineiro, or whichever jobber starting pitcher Seattle lines up after tonight.

Amen, brother.

I'll go out on a limb and say we tag this kid tonight only to be limited to 3 runs for the remaining two ballgames.