Official Gamethread 9/27

Ishmookie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Short term focus. Let's concentrate on today's game, ONLY.

There is no need to run wild with all the hundreds of possible scenarios for the rest of this week and the playoffs. Everything will change from day to day and the season will come down to the last game.

Sit back, relax and strap it down.

:bringit :gosox1:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
You have to relax with the media Fathom. You always seem to be very worried about what everyone thinks of us, and how the Cubs are going to look when we lose/win. The media should be the least of the Sox worries, or for that matter the fans. Lets focus on getting the W.

Tony....I could care less what the media says right now. I know every article will be about how they're choking. There are a handful of posters on this site that seemingly cry themselves to sleep if there's a negative article in the paper about this team. Like you said though, and I couldn't agree more, is that the focus should be getting a win. However, when I see Ozzie and AJP whine in the media that there are so many negative articles about the team, I then think that the bad press has really made this team lose a little focus.

Hey boys....I don't care how many wins you end up with, but if you blow a 15 game lead on August 1st, that's a disappointing season.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
I thought yesterday was going to be a sure victory.

The scary thing is that with the Sox offense, there's no guarantee that they'll win a game the rest of the year. They're not like the Yanks or Red Sox where they can just go blow the other team out in the first few innings on a weekly basis. Games like Saturday night are more like a monthly occurence for the Sox.

Nate Robertson (6-15, 4.52 ERA). The right-hander has lost five straight starts and is 1-8 in his last 11 outings. Robertson's latest defeat was a 4-2 setback at Kansas City on Tuesday. He allowed four runs and six hits, including two home runs, over seven innings. He has surrendered at least one home run in 12 of his last 13 starts, yielding 21 total during that span. Robertson is 1-2 with a 3.76 ERA in four starts this season against the White Sox.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
Nate Robertson (6-15, 4.52 ERA). The right-hander has lost five straight starts and is 1-8 in his last 11 outings. Robertson's latest defeat was a 4-2 setback at Kansas City on Tuesday. He allowed four runs and six hits, including two home runs, over seven innings. He has surrendered at least one home run in 12 of his last 13 starts, yielding 21 total during that span. Robertson is 1-2 with a 3.76 ERA in four starts this season against the White Sox.

Robertson is a lefty and his ERA is lower than Johnson who held the sox to 3 runs last night.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
Will brandon become a miraculous stopper again?

There ain't nothing miraculous about it. This kid can pitch. He should have beaten the Tigers earlier this year in a game that he came out of...and that was before he found his missing changeup.

If Brandon is on...these guys are toast.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Robertson is a lefty and his ERA is lower than Johnson who held the sox to 3 runs last night.

Interesting because i copied and pasted that info from yahoo preview. You mean I cant even copy & paste correctly? Yikes! :bang oops up side my head....! Maybe he is a switch pitcher...ha