Sox @ Angels - ALCS Game 5

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I just don't see a sense of urgency tonight.

Why? Cause they haven't scored a lot of runs?

I think they've played pretty well. A lucky bouncer to Kennedy and an awesome piece of hitting gave ANA 2 runs, but we got a 2 out run and a manufactured run against a good pitcher.

I think we've played okay tonight. They just did their damage with no outs which allowed them to get 2 runs.

Worst case scenario after toinght: We go back to Chicago for games 6 and 7 with our top two pitchers from the regular season going to the mound. I know it sounds like the Cubs from 2 years ago, but we're different. We don't believe in curses. That being said, let's win this game tonight!

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Worst case scenario after toinght: We go back to Chicago for games 6 and 7 with our top two pitchers from the regular season going to the mound. I know it sounds like the Cubs from 2 years ago, but we're different. We don't believe in curses. That being said, let's win this game tonight!

I would have taken 2 out of 3 in a heartbeat. Quicker than a heartbeat in fact.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Why? Cause they haven't scored a lot of runs?

I think they've played pretty well. A lucky bouncer to Kennedy and an awesome piece of hitting gave ANA 2 runs, but we got a 2 out run and a manufactured run against a good pitcher.

I think we've played okay tonight. They just did their damage with no outs which allowed them to get 2 runs.

We've had opportunities to stick a fork in them, and haven't capitalized. I thought winning this game was definitely important, but winning game 6 is a must IMO. Having said that, LET'S WIN THIS f***ING THING RIGHT NOW!!!!! :headbang