Who should throw out the first Pitch for game 1?

rangercal

Who should throw out the 1st pitch game 1?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who should throw out the 1st pitch game 1?

• Frank Thomas
    • Mayor Daley
    • Carlton Fisk
    • Luis Aparicio
    • Al Lopez
    • Jerry Reinsdorf
    • Minnie Minoso
    • Nancy Faust
    • Hawk
    • Other- specify

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Lopez is 97 and probably not in any shape to throw a baseball, I'd go Frank in Game 1, because it set the tone the first time around. Aparicio in Game 2. If it goes 7, I'd follow up with Pudge and Minoso.

I don't think Reinsdorf would even consider "honoring" himself. Nancy and Hawk are certainly worthy of consideration, but I'd stick with the players. Nothing against Daley, considering he's lifelong fan, but to turn it into a photo opp for a politician just doesn't fly in my opinion.

Edited by YASNY

Minnie, and Aparicio for certain. Fisk was honored already this year, as was Frank. I don't see any repeats like that. I also don't think a former GM turned announcer will be getting a chance. Nancy would clearly be a crowd favorite if actual dyed in the wool Sox fans were at the game.

Here's a name not on the list and worthy of consideration, former Governor Jim Thompson who stopped time to get a stadium deal done and keep JR from moving the team.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 06:11 AM)
Minnie, and Aparicio for certain. Fisk was honored already this year, as was Frank. I don't see any repeats like that. I also don't think a former GM turned announcer will be getting a chance. Nancy would clearly be a crowd favorite if actual dyed in the wool Sox fans were at the game.

Here's a name not on the list and worthy of consideration, former Governor Jim Thompson who stopped time to get a stadium deal done and keep JR from moving the team.

I like Thompson too.

Who is the whole ceremonial tossing of the baseball for? The fans to see someone famous, special, etc. The person who tosses the pitch? The players? What'sp with the whole thing anyways? It seems kind of silly to me.