Holy crap!

BigSqwert

Texas has scored 3 runs today too.

And everyone remember how well the Dodgers started off 05, to the point that people were starting to look at the team, see guys like Depodesta and Bradley smiling because they were showing up all those sportwriters who didn't believe in the team?

How did that work out for them?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)

And everyone remember how well the Dodgers started off 05, to the point that people were starting to look at the team, see guys like Depodesta and Bradley smiling because they were showing up all those sportwriters who didn't believe in the team?

You can add the Orioles to that group last year, and the Royals from a few years ago.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)

Well the Las Vegas 51's that replaced them didn't fare too well, but the group that started the year as starters would have run away with that division.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
Well the Las Vegas 51's that replaced them didn't fare too well, but the group that started the year as starters would have run away with that division.

Plus we were that same kind of story early in the season. People doubted the Sox would hold on and now we have a world series ring in our banner.

And yes, that Dodger team would have owned the division. This one would too, but it will never stay healthy (hell 3 days into the season its already falling apart for them).

I just want to say, that I may end up being wrong, but I so called the Tigers being a vastly improved team and one that everyone is overlooking in our podcast.

They don't have the pitching staff to do it in the end, but they have one damn good offense and a good manager.

They have played 2 games vs KC and versus Texas they hit 6 HRs off knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.

The Tigers are going to be better this year, probably 3rd in the Central, but I don't see them moving ahead of the Sox or Indians.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:11 AM)
They have played 2 games vs KC and versus Texas they hit 6 HRs off knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.

The Tigers are going to be better this year, probably 3rd in the Central, but I don't see them moving ahead of the Sox or Indians.

4th. :)

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)

They'll be lucky to come in 3rd.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
I still have doubts on their offense. Weren't they the team with the least walks last season or something like that (having guys like Pudge who only had 10 BB's hardly helps)?

Doubts about there offense. Pudge, Dmitri, Shelton, Carlos Guillen, Polanco, Maggs, Inge

Those are all pretty darn good hitters and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else. Maggs is looking like his old self too, which will make them even better. This is the best offensive team in the AL Central and one of the best in baseball. I've said that since day 1 too and they will prove just that.

If they can get Verlander to develop into a front line guy to go with Bondy as well as get Zumaya developed into what he thinks he can be, than they can use guys like Maroth, Ledezma, etc in the back of the rotation and have a good staff (in a year or two).

They do need to improve that pen.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
Doubts about there offense.  Pudge, Dmitri, Shelton, Carlos Guillen, Polanco, Maggs, Inge

Those are all pretty darn good hitters and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else.  Maggs is looking like his old self too, which will make them even better.  This is the best offensive team in the AL Central and one of the best in baseball.  I've said that since day 1 too and they will prove just that.

I think overall I'd take the Indians offense over Detroits. Individually Detroit has one hell of an offense as you've noted but last year they couldn't get a clutch hit to save their lives.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
I think overall I'd take the Indians offense over Detroits.  Individually Detroit has one hell of an offense as you've noted but last year they couldn't get a clutch hit to save their lives.

They had one problem last year...attitude and you can bet your ass that with Leyland there those guys are going to be playing hard. Leyland isn't going to take any guff and I think he's going to get the best out of those guys.

Plus Chris Shelton...good god what a rule V pick that was. On a sidenote I watched part of the Tigers game yesterday and Fabio Castro got hit up a bit.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
Agreed on Shelton, he's going to be a star.  Way to go Pitt. :bang

Seriously, you could see him not being protected on a good team, but how in the hell did the Pirates (a team thats used Daryl Ward, Randal Simon and tons of other lousy first baseman) not have room to protect a guy like Shelton.

Than again a lot of times it is the bad teams that can get a bit hurt in the Rule V since they typically have so many prospects (of course most of them end up failing and thats why they remain bad).

Joel Zumaya's myspace site

Thank god he can throw a fastball, because his myspace site makes him look goofy.

About me:

SO PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME IM A VERY OUT GOING GUY I LOVE HAVING A GREAT TIME PARTING, I LOVE CHILLIN I JUST LOVE HAVING FUN.. IM 6'3 240LBS HAZEL EYES HALF MEXICAN/AMERICAN.. YA AS YOU CAN SEE I DO PLAY FOR THE DETRIOT TIGERS IM A PITCHER IVE BEEN WITH THEM SINCE 2002 DRAFTED OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL... YES I DRINK BUT IM GOOD AT TAKING CARE OF MY SELF....WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE HALLA AT ME.... LOVE PEACE AND HAIR GREASE IM GONE LATERS...

Who I'd like to meet:

I WOULD LOVE TOO MEAT ALL TYPE OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD...

Edited by southsideirish71