Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

GO GET EM CHARLIE!!!

MLB's due for another quality knuckleballer to appear, and the Sox are due for a pitcher to come up and blow someone away in his first start. Kinda like that Ervin Santana kid did to us last year.

And oh yeah, he has the #3 offense in MLB to back him up.

For out of towners on DirecTV, game will be on the Angels network on channel 744.

One of the few times we didn't get screwed by WCIU.

Angels PBP man Steve Physioc is pretty good anywhow, although Rex Hudler is a horrible color guy.

I think I'm going to have my mom record this game just because I really want to see Chuck pitch.

Hopefully that thing will be dancing all over the place. What's the over/under on passed balls for AJ tonight?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
I think I'm going to have my mom record this game just because I really want to see Chuck pitch.

Hopefully that thing will be dancing all over the place. What's the over/under on passed balls for AJ tonight?

Passed balls or passed balls and wild pitches combined?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
GO GET EM CHARLIE!!!

MLB's due for another quality knuckleballer to appear, and the Sox are due for a pitcher to come up and blow someone away in his first start. Kinda like that Ervin Santana kid did to us last year.

And oh yeah, he has the #3 offense in MLB to back him up.

who are # 1 & 2???

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
IMO, this game is could go two ways.

1.Charlie makes LAA look like idiots, and its incredibly fun to watch...

or.....

2.This game is more frustrating and worse than Cotts in the Bronx...

If he struggles I would think Ozzie would bring in McCarthy rather quickly. He probably wouldn't leave the rookie out to dry.

Guest JimH

Well, this game will likely be a tag team of Haeger and McCarthy, they want Haeger to go 6 innings with BMac picking up the last 3 ideally.

The next time this turn comes up is Monday in Minneapolis. Not sure how well the knuckler would do in that dome so it wouldn't surprise me if the roles were reversed. Logan will probably get some time in both games as well.

Would love to see the Haegermeister do well tonite. Even if he doesn't this is a big picture game, giving Contreras a breather is smart, and it's good for Haeger to get his feet wet.

Also Jeff Nelson is expected to be in Charlotte by this weekend, I'd imagine they'd evaluate him for 2 weeks down there and then make a roster decision.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
That would be the most single game strikeouts for a rookie.

It'd also be the most single game strikeouts from a person from Livonia, MI, or a Person who's middle name is Wallis. What's your point?