RUMOR

Buehrle>Wood

If he did it, screw him, but I ain't about to stop being a fan of the game I love. There are plenty of guys who play this game clean, although I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that should and needs to be cleaned up in clubhouses.

Just like it does in the NBA, NFL and most other professional sports (non sports enhancing drug use and drug use alike).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
If he did it, screw him, but I ain't about to stop being a fan of the game I love. There are plenty of guys who play this game clean, although I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that should and needs to be cleaned up in clubhouses.

Just like it does in the NBA, NFL and most other professional sports (non sports enhancing drug use and drug use alike).

Yep I agree, I'm not going to let the cheaters ruin how I feel about baseball at all, but it is a shame it has come to this. Thanks for ignoring the problem all these years, Bud.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
This would be great if Pujols was on roids, it would just turn all of these reporters into complete hypocrites because I guarentee they would not give Pujols half the s*** they've given Bonds.

Great? Come one, that's the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Poor Barry Boo-hoo

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
This would be great if Pujols was on roids, it would just turn all of these reporters into complete hypocrites because I guarentee they would not give Pujols half the s*** they've given Bonds.

You're right, they wouldn't, because it'd be a long time before Pujols was able to challenge any major records.

As a sidenote, the NFL does not currently test for HGH, and the NFLPA is trying to keep it that way.

Since the Olympics in Athens (the ancient ones, not modern) athletes have been caught using illegal substances. Cheating in this fashion is thousands of years old, but really came into the spotlight because of the East German team. At that point the East German team said that no matter what officials did to prevent doping (another term for illegal substances) the dopers would always be a few years ahead of them.

No drug policy will ever be able to catch the drugs that they dont know about. And that is the biggest problem, the drug designers are right now have the new more advanced drugs. The MLB, NFL, etc policies wont even know about them for a few years.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
As a sidenote, the NFL does not currently test for HGH, and the NFLPA is trying to keep it that way.

Since the Olympics in Athens (the ancient ones, not modern) athletes have been caught using illegal substances. Cheating in this fashion is thousands of years old, but really came into the spotlight because of the East German team. At that point the East German team said that no matter what officials did to prevent doping (another term for illegal substances) the dopers would always be a few years ahead of them.

No drug policy will ever be able to catch the drugs that they dont know about. And that is the biggest problem, the drug designers are right now have the new more advanced drugs. The MLB, NFL, etc policies wont even know about them for a few years.

Agreed on all counts, that's exactly right. And the NFL is an interesting point.....they have all kinds of guys on HGH I'm sure (probably more than baseball), but nobody even says s*** about it. Not sure why things work that way.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)

If by great you mean absolutely horrible then yes. I agree with southsider though, this s*** sucks because players will get their reputations ruined even if this isn't true. I really do hate Donald Fehr.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
f***. I swear to god if Pujols did anything, I'm done with baseball. I've believed in that f***er since day one, once he started defending Bonds I thought perhaps something was up but I couldn't bring myself to believe it. I swear if he let me down this time I'm not sure I can continue following the sport.

I have no diea if Puljos is a cheater or not. But I can't help be suspicious of any player who 50 HR's let alone is on pace (until the injury) to hit 75. How can this not raise question marks????

Baseball today is a different game then it was when Ruth or Maris were playing. What they did was amazing. But if they were in their prime today, I would have a hard time believing they could duplicate their records.

Bob

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
Moronatti has his say.

That's a few minutes of my life I will never get back. While, to some degree, I agree the Sox players/coaches should keep their mouths shut about the roid issue until it becomes an issue the team is directly involved in, couldn't he have written the article without calling out the Sox? I guess not or else it would be a Mariotti column.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
That's a few minutes of my life I will never get back. While, to some degree, I agree the Sox players/coaches should keep their mouths shut about the roid issue until it becomes an issue the team is directly involved in, couldn't he have written the article without calling out the Sox? I guess not or else it would be a Mariotti column.

Yeah, it was A-typical Mariotti stirring the pot bulls***.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)

Same here, I can't believe I read that, now I need to wash my brain out with soap.

Boy, he's got some serious Ozzie-hate going, huh? What's with *that*? Makes me think that Jay-baby got taunted by the sports players when he was in middle school and has been seething ever since. :huh

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Agreed on all counts, that's exactly right. And the NFL is an interesting point.....they have all kinds of guys on HGH I'm sure (probably more than baseball), but nobody even says s*** about it. Not sure why things work that way.

It's only a matter of time before the NFL finds itself with a lot of scrutiny. Why? Because all the stuff going on in that league is already starting to kill a lot of former players at very very young ages. 300 pound linemen don't exactly live that long anyway, and mix in some steroids to get up to 340, and you get the idea.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
I'm not sure why so many would care about Pujols one way or another. He doesn't play for the White Sox so there's minimal attachment on my part. Albert losing his hair at 25 kinda makes me wonder though...

My cousin is 22 and has about the same amount of hair as Albert the same for a friend of mine who's 20. Some people lose thier hair at a very young age.

Also, it's entirely possible to be a fan of a player on a team other than the Sox like I have done with Albert and numerous other players such as that mega hunk Rocco Baldelli. :wub:

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)
My cousin is 22 and has about the same amount of hair as Albert the same for a friend of mine who's 20. Some people lose thier hair at a very young age.

Also, it's entirely possible to be a fan of a player on a team other than the Sox like I have done with Albert and numerous other players such as that mega hunk Rocco Baldelli. :wub:

I like Pujols but that is not even why I care. He really is the perfect guy to lead major league baseball and if he was ever juicing it will hurt the game big time. I'd be pissed at him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 12:42 AM)

I got a co-worker who is 26, and looks like he could be in his 40's with his hair look so this is true.

Ha! join the club.. Look at my post history (and to let you know I was J.Reedfan8 back in the day)

My top 2 favorite non-sox players:

Jeremy Reed

Rocco Baldelli

Respect my autoritEY.. :finger

David Segui has come forward, claiming that he is named in the affidavit, he pointed Grimsley to a doctor who could get him HGH.

Segui still takes HGH today. Grimsley caim to Segui asking how HGH could hellp him recover from Tommy John surgery.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 08:07 AM)
David Segui has come forward, claiming that he is named in the affidavit, he pointed Grimsley to a doctor who could get him HGH.

Segui still takes HGH today. Grimsley caim to Segui asking how HGH could hellp him recover from Tommy John surgery.

Just curious, is HGH considered an illegal steroid or substance by federal standards? Or is it just a banned substance in baseball?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
Just curious, is HGH considered an illegal steroid or substance by federal standards? Or is it just a banned substance in baseball?

It is illegal, in the same sence that anabolic steriods are.