David Riske

Sox1422

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Just heard it myself. Haven't followed him this year, but in the past, Riske was pretty damn good...hmm, guess its the ole "Prospects are only prospects, give me MLB ready players."

Lopez isn't a prospect :P

This is an excellent deal. Boston's bullpen is without a lefty reliever that I would call remotely reliable, and the White Sox needed another righty reliever. Riske was good, not great but good, with Cleveland last year, and his absence due to the Marte/Crisp deal has really hurt the Tribe.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
This is an excellent deal. Boston's bullpen is without a lefty reliever that I would call remotely reliable, and the White Sox needed another righty reliever. Riske was good, not great but good, with Cleveland last year, and his absence due to the Marte/Crisp deal has really hurt the Tribe.

Too bad Kenny couldn't convince them to take Boone Logan.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)

He was very very good last year.. 3.10 ERA and 0.96 WHIP in 72.7 innings pitched :)

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
I'm excited as hell about this trade. Either way, we weren't going to use Lopez.

But, does anyone know what kind of injury he had this year? And does he have a history with injuries?

His back.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
Wow, fantastic trade, I remember him just kicking our ass all those years in Cleveland, he's a welcomed addition to the pen as a righty setup man.

I am with you on this. Great trade. We give up a AAA that we didnt have room for, for a proven vet who knows how to pitch in the AL Central. He has a live arm, and hopefully will give us some more stability to our pen.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 12:17 PM)
I'm excited as hell about this trade. Either way, we weren't going to use Lopez.

But, does anyone know what kind of injury he had this year? And does he have a history with injuries?

4/15/06 David Wells Placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to April 13) with a right knee sprain.

4/12/06 David Riske Placed on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to April 5) with a lower back strain.

from the Red Sox page.