Fun Story

Scwible

So I'm driving back from a bar in Brookfield and hop on I-55. Running through traffic and behind a dodge charger for a while. Get out of the lane, someone cuts me off, run into the far right lane and hear a whistle. It's the guy in the dodge giving me the metal horns. :headbang Keep going, get off at my exit and I see that the guy is following me. I'm in the turn lane the guy drives up and talks, compliments me on my hat. I say yea, it's a good one. He says, you can't see my face can you? I could but just enough to someone be able to figure it out. Sit at the light for a few and then make my turn. At this point my girlfriend says, you know who that just was, Bobby Frigin Jenks.

Made my day, month, year possibly.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
So I'm driving back from a bar in Brookfield and hop on I-55. Running through traffic and behind a dodge charger for a while. Get out of the lane, someone cuts me off, run into the far right lane and hear a whistle. It's the guy in the dodge giving me the metal horns. :headbang Keep going, get off at my exit and I see that the guy is following me. I'm in the turn lane the guy drives up and talks, compliments me on my hat. I say yea, it's a good one. He says, you can't see my face can you? I could but just enough to someone be able to figure it out. Sit at the light for a few and then make my turn. At this point my girlfriend says, you know who that just was, Bobby Frigin Jenks.

Made my day, month, year possibly.

Thats a cool story. But you DIDNT Recognize him? shame on you! Hopefully, Jenks doesnt get a complex about this. I can see him in the clubhouse telling Joe Crede, "I saw a guy in a SOX hat and tried to compliment him, but he didnt even know who I was"

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Thats a cool story. But you DIDNT Recognize him? shame on you! Hopefully, Jenks doesnt get a complex about this. I can see him in the clubhouse telling Joe Crede, "I saw a guy in a SOX hat and tried to compliment him, but he didnt even know who I was"

Didn't seem to effect him last night.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 02:27 PM)
......after leaving a bar.

Only 2 beers......Anywho, I can see alright but not great without the contacts. I think they've made my eyes worse. Still mad at myself though that we didn't know till we turned away from him. I turned around in the street and tried to find him but I think he turned into one of the little subdivisions on the same street.

QUOTE(Scwible @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Only 2 beers......Anywho, I can see alright but not great without the contacts. I think they've made my eyes worse. Still mad at myself though that we didn't know till we turned away from him. I turned around in the street and tried to find him but I think he turned into one of the little subdivisions on the same street.

Ahhhhhh, I see (no pun intended). You know what you have to do now ....... Is make sure you are somewhere where you can get his autograph or something like that, and relay that story to him. Im sure he will remember, be sure to tell him "I DIDNT HAVE MY GLASSES", im sure both of you will have a laugh.

Your in a unique position and will be able to commisserate on a story thats unique only to you and Jenks

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Didn't seem to effect him last night.

Heh heh. Reminds me of that line, where Nigel Tufnel, upset over the fact that the tiny bread keeps breaking, tells his manager "Im a professional, I'll rise above it"