7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
Yeah. That 318 foot homer was really crushed.

Who cares...it was a homer. The guy has PROVEN this season that the 3rd time through the order, and after 75 pitches, he's an absolute liability.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Yeah. That 318 foot homer was really crushed.

Doe is really matter how far it went? He gave up a run to start the inning just like expected and now the game is tied at 4 Fantastic..

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Johan Santana Vs the White Sox since 7/1/04 is 8-2 with a 1.44 ERA, 10.1 K/9, 1.7 BB/9 he's allowed a whooping 8 HRs over that time.

the stats I'm looking at (yahoo sports) has him with 84.33 ips and 20 earned runs in 2006, 2005, and 2004 agaisnt the sox. about 2.14 era

don't get me wrong... santana has dominated the sox... but he has also dominated the rest of the league... and no team really has an effective approach to him...

an interesting note is that in every game he has lost this year he has given up at least one home run.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Who cares...it was a homer. The guy has PROVEN this season that the 3rd time through the order, and after 75 pitches, he's an absolute liability.

Oh hell. That's a routine flyball. It doesn't reflect on Javy's pitching ability at all.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
So if we somehow make the playoffs we should have a 3 man rotation. Jon, Jose and Brandon.

If we somehow make the playoffs its because Buehrle got his crap together and Garcia keeps improving. So if we do make the playoffs Buehrle is still in the rotation as is Garcia. You're taking a big chance with Bmac starting. He has been on/off this whole season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
I hope this is sarcasm. If not, we might as well give Gload's grand slam back.

Fish it. I'm gone. You guys enjoy the rest of the game. I've had enough of you people for one day.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
Well, I can see why he was hesitant to go to the bullpen. Neal sucks for a second straight day.

Cotts has allowed one of the two batters he's faced to reach. That's about the same rate for all of our starters recently.