Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
It might take a few innings for odalis to realize he is odalis perez. Looks like he's on a big high to get another chance to show the dodgers he shoulda been starting

When/why did the Royals acquire him?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
When/why did the Royals acquire him?

Got him in one of them pre-deadline deals for Elmer Dessens, along with a couple minor league guys and some cash. Hoping he can regain some form, I guess. Has put up an ERA around 3 in the NL before.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Got him in one of them pre-deadline deals for Elmer Dessens, along with a couple minor league guys and some cash. Hoping he can regain some form, I guess. Has put up an ERA around 3 in the NL before.

Excellent trade for the Royals. Since the Dodgers picked up some of his contract, he's a low risk, high reward caliber starter.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Real classy of Hawk to basically blame that HR on Iguchi, even though MB was the one who laid that pitch over the middle of the plate

Maybe we'll have to replace Iguchi with Buehrle's personal 2nd baseman for the rest of the season. :P

The wind blowing out can't be good for Buehrle's confidence.

QUOTE(brijames @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Ok it's official! MB is done!

Wow, quite the quick hook.

I'd just like to know where in our scouting report does it say throw fastballs down the plate to Sanders? That's about the 5th time this season we've just grooved him a fastball over the plate early in the count, and he's crushed it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 12:30 AM)
Last I checked Reggie Sanders is a pretty damn good hitter.

He's batting .244 this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
I'd just like to know where in our scouting report does it say throw fastballs down the plate to Sanders? That's about the 5th time this season we've just grooved him a fastball over the plate early in the count, and he's crushed it.

He's batting .244 this season.

Sox pitching seems to be somewhat clueless on how to approach hitters this year.