Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:05 PM)
For as good as Hawk/DJ have been recently, they've been real bad today. Hawk's been slupring this team more than usual today (Cooper, Pods).
Definitely not one of their better games. They probably both got lit up last night

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
By real, I mean with a leadoff guy that can get on base. Seriously, think of how many MORE runs scored we'd have if Podsednik had an OBP of around .400 (hell, even .375) like a good leadoff guy.

Yes, because so many leadoff men have an OBP around .400. Only 5 players have an OBP of .375 or more when batting #1 in the lineup.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Don't you get it? The team isn't in first place, so the offense is just imaginary. It's all Pods' fault that the offense is only first in the league... and Uribe's too!

What exactly does Pods do well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
We have Mac and Cotts warming. Which one should we bring in. Anything that starts with a C no matter how the hitter is blessed hand wise is dumb.

Bring in Mac, he hasn't even pitched since the 1st, he is perfectly ready to go.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
Yes, because so many leadoff men have an OBP around .400. Only 5 players have an OBP of .375 or more when batting #1 in the lineup.

And those 5 are good leadoffs hitters. We should work to acquire one similar to them.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
And those 5 are good leadoffs hitters. We should work to acquire one similar to them.

What, do they grow on trees? Kevin Youkilis is going nowhere, Alfonso Soriano's asking price around the deadline was way too much, Dave Roberts is having a career year, and Grady Sizemore is going nowhere. The only other one I didn't mention is Ichiro, who was unhappy with Seattle, but I doubt they'd trade the face of their franchise.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)

No one is defending Podsednik, not me nor Felix.

Tito made a dumbass comment about our offense not being 'real', despite leading the league in runs scored, so I called him on it.

Yes, of course I'd love a guy with a .500 OBP leading off. Oh well, we don't have him, and Pods will probably get the boot next year so we can all sing and dance.

But for the next two months, he's our leadoff man, so that's that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)

He works a lot of pitchers and walks a lot more than he did last year, when he was apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pathetic baseball, pathetic managing. How many times will our pitchers allow a run in the 7th inning before Ozzie realizes that the starting pitching getting the win isn't important?

I'm very disappointed in our outfield defense today.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
What, do they grow on trees? Kevin Youkilis is going nowhere, Alfonso Soriano's asking price around the deadline was way too much, Dave Roberts is having a career year, and Grady Sizemore is going nowhere. The only other one I didn't mention is Ichiro, who was unhappy with Seattle, but I doubt they'd trade the face of their franchise.

So wait, you can only hit leadoff if you have hit leadoff before? You're logic is flawed. I didn't say acquire one of them, if you read the post correctly, I said acquire one like them. Find some guy with an OBP of like .380 hitting 8th in the order, and give him a shot at leadoff. .380 at the 8 spot is a waste to the extreme.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
No one is defending Podsednik, not me nor Felix.

Tito made a dumbass comment about our offense not being 'real', despite leading the league in runs scored, so I called him on it.

Yes, of course I'd love a guy with a .500 OBP leading off. Oh well, we don't have him, and Pods will probably get the boot next year so we can all sing and dance.

But for the next two months, he's our leadoff man, so that's that.

You're the one making the dumbass comments. Our offense would be so much better if we had a legit leadoff man, no matter how you look at it. And now you're just being stupid with the .500 OBP exaggeration.