MMA Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Cormier probably will wreck Silva but still that's the best possible fight they could do. It'll be quite a spectacle, good for 200. Silva would have destroyed Bisbing had he actually, you know, tried at all during that fight.

Putting the women's fight on last is stupid. Meisha Tate is probably like the 8th biggest draw on the card and Amanda Nunez would be on the fightpass prelims if they ordered it like that.

But I see what they're doing. Could very well be Brock's only UFC fight win or lose. Can't have him walking out as headlining winner only to go promote another company. People are buying the ppv anyways so may as well build new stars with all this attention on the product. Guessing Rhonda will be ringside and they'll try and sell a ppv down the line.

Well I did the DraftKings UFC thing tonight and got 4 of 5. Only lost Frankie Edgar. Funny the 1st place prize was $800 but bc so many picked the same fights, the winners only got $23.

Regretting the $60 purchase. I actually turned on an episode of Modern Family after the Lesnar fight and didn't watch the main event.

Back to watching it at bars, illegal streams or off of periscope.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 12:22 AM)
Well I did the DraftKings UFC thing tonight and got 4 of 5. Only lost Frankie Edgar. Funny the 1st place prize was $800 but bc so many picked the same fights, the winners only got $23.

Regretting the $60 purchase. I actually turned on an episode of Modern Family after the Lesnar fight and didn't watch the main event.

Back to watching it at bars, illegal streams or off of periscope.

Do you like mma or do you just hate watch it?

Hunt was formidable. Lesnar fought a smart fight by not just rushing in and exposing himself. Before the fight I think Hunt was willing to give up a takedown in order to land a couple of bombs but after taking those shots at the end of round 1, he probably was having second thoughts. Round 2 was on their feet for the most part and Hunt was tentative to let his hands go.

DC/Silva was a bad fight bc nothing good could come from it from DC's standpoint. He should beat Silva on two days notice, no camp and with a weight advantage. Losing yesterday would've been disastrous so he did what he had to do. But Silva did well to slow DC down by tying up his leg. Still mad that Silva just mentally checked out vs Bisping.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the Diaz/McGregor 2 fight. A second loss to Diaz and then have to face Aldo who looked strong? Yikes, the golden boy might be on a three match losing streak.