White Sox vs. Astros, 6/8/07 (L)

Brian

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Russell has fallen off a cliff recently. Whatever he had earlier is obviously gone.

Gonzalez better not falter one bit. His presence is key to our future, whether or not he's a future #2 or #4 (as people seem to believe).

Still wondering how we're going to match the pitching staffs within the division. De Los Santos is still too raw, and too far away.

Egbert could see his way to the pen this year as his skillset would work best at USCF, but I'd kinda rather that didn't happen. Lefties are still hitting him a bit. Lefties are hurting Russell. Gio is limiting both, but I'd be surprised to see them bring him up for the pen.

Of course, Vasquez and Reynoso in AAA are slowing down now, and I don't see Oneli coming up.

Best case, Aardsma figures something out. MacDougal hasn't pitched in a while, IIRC, so maybe they are letting him get some rest.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fields could face Lidge 100 times, and he'd probably K 90 times.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:45 AM)
Future All-Star Josh Fields completely whiffs on two sliders. Currently 0/11 on the season, and proving once again how pitiful this organization is at producing talent.

The talent level we're putting on the field right now is the worst in a decade. Half the team wouldn't be in the majors on a high quality team. I hope KW is satisfied that he traded Garcia, Gload, and McCarthy, and he only got one guy who can contribute to the 2007 team.

Any word on Jerry Owens? At least we don't have to listen to Hawk tomorrow.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
Egbert could see his way to the pen this year as his skillset would work best at USCF, but I'd kinda rather that didn't happen. Lefties are still hitting him a bit. Lefties are hurting Russell. Gio is limiting both, but I'd be surprised to see them bring him up for the pen.

Of course, Vasquez and Reynoso in AAA are slowing down now, and I don't see Oneli coming up.

Best case, Aardsma figures something out. MacDougal hasn't pitched in a while, IIRC, so maybe they are letting him get some rest.

You still didn't answer my question of how we're expected to match the rotations within the division in 2008 and beyond. :D :P

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:47 AM)
You still didn't answer my question of how we're expected to match the rotations within the division in 2008 and beyond. :D :P

We're going to dominate with 10 #4 starters! Meanwhile, the Tigers have the potential to have quite a few #1 starters, as do the Twins.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)

2008 = Egbert

Beyond = We'll have Jack have lots of kids.:P

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Flash....I can't believe you were expecting a lot of runs tonight.

It was foolish of me, I know.

I thought Sampson wouldn't have lasted five innings the way the offense appeared to hit him around the first time through the lineup.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 02:57 AM)
sox never faced Sampson before, therefore no tape, therefore Greg Walker has nothing to work with.

We have so many bad hitters in our lineup right now. I'm absolutely convinced that Walker needs to go, and get someone new in the hitter's ear. I'm still wondering what Ozzie brings to this team right now?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
2008 = Egbert

Beyond = We'll have Jack have lots of kids.:P

I would think 2008 = Gonzalez; 2009 = Egbert.

Maybe Poreda is our LIriano. All they have to have him do is tilt his release and teach him a slider.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
Another start where Danks has little command.

Soriano has 3 homers thru 4 innings. It must be nice to have the money to go out and get the top free agents.

JR had the money to get Soriano or anybody else that was available. He just wouldn't let Kenny spend it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
Terrible game for Thome. He's been worthless this season against LHP.

Last season too.

it's tough to get on owens, fields, and sweeney for sucking when thome, konerko, and dye aren't doing anything themselves.