Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)
Simpsons getting 88% at rottentomatoes.

I'll be seeing it @ 3:10 PST tomorrow. I'll let y'all know what I think if you want. Even if it sucks, I sort of felt like I had an obligation to see it, considering I haven't missed a minute of that show in 18 years or so even with the decline in quality.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
Heck with Simpsons and Rescue Dawn (of which I am not familiar), who's going to see Who's Your Caddy???

Wait, Rescue, is that the Herzog flick?

Little Deiter Needs to FLY!!!

I saw the ad for CADDY in the paper this morning and just choked. Then I went and looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes and saw of of the search words listed as "Racism". Nice. I just watched the trailer. Wow. All I can really say is wow.

Edited by Kid Gleason

'Rescue Dawn" was very good. Kalapse, you should love it. Bale showing what he can do on the screen, especially when he is alone.

The acting all around was top notch. Even Steve Zahn. Jeremy Davie was also very good and you can tell he put his body through a lot in preparation for the movie.

A great story all around. Amazing what some people can do when they have to.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
"The Dark Knight" wonderers...go to http://www.whysoserious.com/

Click the small static box after the word "hunted".

Or if you have the same problems I had getting that one to play, here it is on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnT58aigYSg

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
'Rescue Dawn" was very good. Kalapse, you should love it. Bale showing what he can do on the screen, especially when he is alone.

The acting all around was top notch. Even Steve Zahn. Jeremy Davie was also very good and you can tell he put his body through a lot in preparation for the movie.

A great story all around. Amazing what some people can do when they have to.

Awesome. I'll be seeing it tomorrow night with the girlfriend. I'm excited to see it, to say the least.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 05:51 PM)
The Simpsons movie was really, really good. Kalapse, you'll be pleasantly surprised, trust me on this one.

Haha, my favorite part was when Bart skated past Ralph naked and Ralph goes "I like men now"

I just went and saw Once. It's an independent musical film. But the music was really, really, really good. And the actors were actually singers, so that was nice. The acting was good, the story was good. It ends rather abruptly, but all in all it's great.

Great date movie.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:50 AM)
I know there's a lot of people on here who enjoy Christian Bale's work, as I am definitely one of them. There's one movie that always seems to get over looked for some reason, Equilibrium. It's just a damn good action movie with some outstanding acting spliced in. I always found it to be more enjoyable than the Matrix due to there being some real acting going on in Equilibrium.

I agree, Equilibrium was a pretty solid movie but I still enjoyed the Matrix more or at least the first movie.

Btw has anyone seen Rescue Dawn? If so how is it?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
Like you, I found George Clooney to be the best.

No, I still think Michael Keaton was the best..

And im just giving Kalapse s*** about Bale