Report: Brett Favre to retire

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:13 AM)
All i'm gonna say is that let's see if Manning and Brady last 17 years and if they do see if their averages stay that high.

So then you're saying another valid exercise would be to compare their performances in their prime years?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Packer fan, this is a sad day, but one that was coming eventually. Being 30 years old, it's hard to remember a time without Brett. I really don't care what anyone has to say, but Brett is definitely one of the top 5, if not the best quaterback to ever play the game. He will be missed dearly, but all good things must pass. To all of you Bear fans out there, just think about the 21 different QB's that have started for your team during the 17 years and 253 consecutive games that Brett played. That number is staggering.

Also, Brady=overrated.

He'll go down as my favorite football player of all time. Growing up a QB in Pop Warner and high school, he was my guy. Like the Bears? Fine. Hate the Packers? That's fine too. I'm just going to miss watching him play football on Sunday. That was a treat for many years.

Have to say he was one of the best to watchin my lifetime aside from being a huge bears fan. I still remember the monday night game he played after his dads death, that was one hell of a game. Rodgers is probably going to strive getting 2 seasons under brett and that game he played in against Dallas was pretty decent. The North division shall be fun to watch next season though, good time to let the bears re-do their team like um um putting in a new QB.

Lol to all you people who say Favre is worse than Manning or Brady. Lol.

Not a chance. Not a chance.

Favre played in a completely different era in the 90's. Your boy Manning got the entire passing system changed because he whined and complained. Playing quarterback in the 90's was a lot harder than it has ever been in the past 7 years.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
Lol to all you people who say Favre is worse than Manning or Brady. Lol.

Not a chance. Not a chance.

Favre played in a completely different era in the 90's. Your boy Manning got the entire passing system changed because he whined and complained. Playing quarterback in the 90's was a lot harder than it has ever been in the past 7 years.

why don't you back up your opinion?

here are some sites that may help

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

http://www.nfl.com

Edited by rangercal

Somewhere John Madden is distraught.

Favre had a great career. Always had that gunslinger mentality, which cost him sometimes, but he was always fun to watch.

Guess this means Aaron Rodgers gets his chance now.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
OK

Manning

avg TD Passes Per Year 30.6

Avg Wins Per Year 10.5

Brady

avg TD Passes Per Year 28.1

Avg Wins Per Year 12.2

Favre

avg TD Passes Per Year 27.6

Avg Wins Per Year 10.1

Let's see how those averages for Manning and Brady change as they play longer (especially if they play as long as Favre did).

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
He'll go down as my favorite football player of all time. Growing up a QB in Pop Warner and high school, he was my guy. Like the Bears? Fine. Hate the Packers? That's fine too. I'm just going to miss watching him play football on Sunday. That was a treat for many years.

I hate him like no other, but god damn it was fun to watch that guy play. Best ever.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Favre would still trail if you compare the 5 best seasons of each QB.

Like I said, we'll have to see their entire careers before we can make an accurate assessment. For those two having better seasons in each's 5 respective seasons, their career totals are very close. And something tells me that Manning's and Brady's career averages will decline as they age.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
Like I said, we'll have to see their entire careers before we can make an accurate assessment. For those two having better seasons in each's 5 respective seasons, their career totals are very close. And something tells me that Manning's and Brady's career averages will decline as they age.

it will take a hell of a decline to pass favre in Ints.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
Let's see how those averages for Manning and Brady change as they play longer (especially if they play as long as Favre did).

Seriously I would LOVE to see Manning and Brady do it in different systems (esp. Brady who is considered a system QB, Manning, IMO, is legit.) I hate Favre, but he made lots of nothing into something (shuffle passes, throwin balls where no QB would ever consider throwing, even if it's INT) He was a hellova QB.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
Seriously I would LOVE to see Manning and Brady do it in different systems (esp. Brady who is considered a system QB, Manning, IMO, is legit.) I hate Favre, but he made lots of nothing into something (shuffle passes, throwin balls where no QB would ever consider throwing, even if it's INT) He was a hellova QB.

I'm just really curious to hear the reasoning as to why Brady is a system QB and Manning isn't. I've never understood it, and never will.

You show me which system teaches you to hold on to the ball until the last possible second and then still making a good, strong, accurate throw, and I'll believe it.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
(only counting Years played with Favre)

Green Bay Rbs

Ahman Green

4x Pro Bowl selection (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

2x All-Pro selection (2001, 2003)

Dorsey Levans

1x Pro Bowl selection (1997)

1x All-Pro selection (1997)

Green Bay Wrs

Sterling Sharpe

3x Pro Bowl selection (1992, 1993, 1994)

3x All-Pro selection (1992, 1993, 1994)

Donald Driver

3x Pro Bowl selection (2002, 2006, 2007)

All-Pro selection (2006)

Antonio Freeman

* 1x Pro Bowl selection (1998)

* 1x All-Pro selection (1998)

Javon Walker

1x Pro Bowl selection (2004)

Gb TE's

Bubba Franks

3x Pro Bowl selection (2001, 2002, 2003)

Mark Chumura

3x Pro Bowl selection (1995, 1997, 1998)

2x All-Pro selection (1995, 1998)

and what did those guys do when they moved on to other teams?