Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
I just think Kobe wants it more,you could see it in his face and that rubs off on his teamates,Gasol,Odom and especially Riza have stepped it up...Fisher showed us last night why Jackson still believes in him.

Kobe hasn't had to take this series over because his supporting cast have played well,they are tough to beat when that happens.

The Bulls as an organization suck,and I'm a Bulls fan,the way the ran out Jackson after their 6th ring was disgraceful,Krause is an idiot,we should've fired that fat ass and kept Phil,he's a hell of a coach.

If Reinsdorf really cared about winning,he would've kept him in Chicago,gone after a top tier FA(Garnett) and build a team around him,there would be a line at the door of top players wanting to play for Jackson since he's a well regarded coach and a winner,that's the difference between Reinsdorf and Dr Buss,the Lakers' boss wants to win and doesn't mind paying for it.

Congrats to Kobe and the Lakers,we could only dream of having a basketball organization in Chicago that really wants to win and puts up the cash for it.

Wow. Overreact much Mariotti? 6 titles wasnt enough for you?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:00 AM)
Orlando is a missed layup and a missed FT from being up 3-1.

Orlando blew it. They've definitely been right there with LA.

Orlando has actually outplayed the Lakers in this series. They just have choked at crucial times.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
Orlando has actually outplayed the Lakers in this series. They just have choked at crucial times.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Games 2 and 3 were basically played dead even, game 1 was dominated by the Lakers, and I have a hard time judging game 4 since the Lakers managed to win despite the fact that the game was 5 on 8 in the 4th quarter with the way the refs called it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
Wow. Overreact much Mariotti? 6 titles wasnt enough for you?

No,6 titles isn't enough...no titles before the Jordan Era and none since.

Those greedy Lakers with going on their 15th title and the Celtics with 17!

You know what,6 is enough...let's go on a Cub like drought because 6 is enough!

What was I thinking?Wanting an organization like the Lakers that want to win every year,what a greedy bastard.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
No,6 titles isn't enough...no titles before the Jordan Era and none since.

Those greedy Lakers with going on their 15th title and the Celtics with 17!

You know what,6 is enough...let's go on a Cub like drought because 6 is enough!

What was I thinking?Wanting an organization like the Lakers that want to win every year,what a greedy bastard.

Oh man, the Yankees have 29 titles oh my god waaaaaaaaaaaah I should cry about other teams spending money waaaaaaaaaah.

The bulls spent plenty of money on those titles, and you were inferring that they were cheap and didnt want more titles. Maybe they broke up the gang early, maybe they didnt. I remember Jackson taking 1 year deals and saying he didnt want to come back and coach, and Jordan saying he wouldnt ever play for anyone but Jackson(which turned out to be untrue but at the time, how would anyone know that). So what would you have done if your star coach and Jordan basically said they were retirin, Mr Greedy Bastard?

Decision day for early entries is tomorrow. My team, Ga Tech, just caught a HUGE break when Gani Lawal decided to return for his junior season. A month ago, it seemed he was 99 pct likely to enter the draft. Ga Tech should be a top 20 team next year, as they have 2 of the top interior players in the country (and hopefully enough talent to make up for their coaching). The biggest name still on the fence has to be Luke Harangody, and a lot of people think he's leaving.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
Or maybe the next finals is in 2010.....

I'm going to agree and say that would be the case, however, do not think that 2010 free agency has nothing to do with it. Looks like the Nike Marketing team is killing 2 birds with 1 stone, or 2 messages with 1 ad.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
I'm going to agree and say that would be the case, however, do not think that 2010 free agency has nothing to do with it. Looks like the Nike Marketing team is killing 2 birds with 1 stone, or 2 messages with 1 ad.

Oh I totally agree. I would just say that the main message is the finals...the subtle one is the free agency.

I never really paid attention to that LeBron ad, I just figured the message was LeBron is gunning for the '10 Finals. The bird is a really good catch. And now that you got me thinking, check the boom box in the background. Kinda of looks like Radio Raheem's from Do the Right Thing. Which of course, was set in NY and directed by Knick fan Spike Lee.

I think Harangody's best chance to get drafted is this year. Reports are he's gotten good feedback in his workouts, as he's shot well and tested out as a better athlete than advertised. And he's not going to get much better at Notre Dame, he'll just put up big numbers again. With some GMs feeling next year's draft is deeper, he may fall off GMs radar when that draft rolls around.

Well that was disappointing to say the least to play like that.

You live and die by the 3 and we just didn't shoot it well enough this series.

Pietrus wasn't an X Factor off the bench as he was in the Cavs series, Lewis was too hit and miss, and Hedo hurt his leg and didn't play that well.

Gortat's likely bolting to a team such as the Knicks in the off-season, so we'll need a replacement big and it'll be interesting to see how the Nelson / Alston combo works out going forward.

When Orlando got off to the hot start, I had a very bad feeling. I just knew that when LA showed resistance, Orlando would just cave. And that's pretty much what went down.

Ariza was a man possessed in that 2nd quarter. He made a fan out of me through this postseason.

Kobe and crew earned it. I may not really like them, but I have to respect the way they handled the competition in these playoffs.

I don't think there will be an Nelson/Alston combo going forward. I'm thinking Alston will get bought out or traded before next season.

QUOTE (Ron @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)
When Orlando got off to the hot start, I had a very bad feeling. I just knew that when LA showed resistance, Orlando would just cave. And that's pretty much what went down.

Ariza was a man possessed in that 2nd quarter. He made a fan out of me through this postseason.

Kobe and crew earned it. I may not really like them, but I have to respect the way they handled the competition in these playoffs.

I don't think there will be an Nelson/Alston combo going forward. I'm thinking Alston will get bought out or traded before next season.

I agree with your entire post.