9/17 White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread - 6:05PM

DBAHO

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 pitches for Baker on three days' rest in the first inning.

That bodes well for their bullpen getting into the action (of course, the Indians' pen might be even worse!)

I think that's the third or fourth time Richard has made an extremely bad throw to 1B. Somebody needs to work with him on that...he also doesn't have the confidence to throw over there without balking. There have been at least two throws that got away and cost the Sox bigtime.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
What the heck happened to Travis Hafner? That guy was one of the scariest hitters in the AL, now he's worse than Konerko.

He's only 31, too...wonder if there's any issues with HGH? Is he the same size? I haven't seen him this season.

Easily. He has warning track power now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
He's only 31, too...wonder if there's any issues with HGH? Is he the same size? I haven't seen him this season.

Doesn't just have to be HGH, could be the other stuff they weren't really testing for until 2005 or later. I'd say most people agree it takes a few years for the muscle tissue a heavy user builds up to truly start to slip away. Or he could have just been hurt.

Well...this is getting interesting.

With CLE trailing the Twins, will Guillen insert Danks into the middle of this game and go for the win? Will the Twins' score affect Ozzie's decision-making process?

Or will we get our usual middle relief suspects? The longer we stay tied or if we can get the lead, the possibility of sneaking out of this game with a victory must be tantalizing.

Dewayne Wise at .842 OPS. Pretty amazing. He's ahead of Alexei...that's impressive for a bench player in limited action.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:52 AM)
Well...this is getting interesting.

With CLE trailing the Twins, will Guillen insert Danks into the middle of this game and go for the win? Will the Twins' score affect Ozzie's decision-making process?

Or will we get our usual middle relief suspects? The longer we stay tied or if we can get the lead, the possibility of sneaking out of this game with a victory must be tantalizing.

You absolutely save Danks for Friday.