**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I have been coming to this site religiously for years I finally thought that tonight would be the night I would post, and while I hate to gain an early rep as a pessimist I must add that I simply find it ridiculous that Jermaine Dye is in the three spot considering Wise is leading off. If Ozzie is going to start a guy, who is a fourth outfielder at best for three straight games and LEAD HIM OFF for two of those games in the most important series of the season, then he should atleast move Jermaine out of the three spot as well. Ozzie seems unafraid to make a drastic lineup change but petrified to make a smaller one. He's willing to sit a struggling Swisher and play a career quadruple A player (no offense to Wise he's has some real big hits for us this year) but not move Jermaine down to five in the order. Something here seems hypocritical to me. If your gonna bat Wise first, why not move Dye down, start Anderson also? There are many areas for improvement in our lineup right now besides left field. Why did the Wise move have to be made but the other ones not. Not to mention OC while historically a two hitter, is one of the few guys in our lineup who has been hitting the last month and he is getting moved. Makes little sense to me.

Anyways, Gavin's been our stopper all year. I do have a good feeling about tonight. Please reward me white sox for stayin up all night (I'm in Europe so the game starts at 2 here). Good luck to all you guys tonight, I think we all would like to sleep a little easier tonight. :gosox3:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Great post dww. Have a few beers or make some steak and eggs while you watch the game from 2-5 a.m.

Done and done. I'm having a tough day, I discovered that there were $2000 dollars worth of phoney charges on my credit card today and then learning that the Dewayne Wise was leading off once again didn't exactly ease the pain. But if gavin and company can pull one off tonight it will all be good. If not I may have to find an asylum.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
altered beast i think

it was altered beast and back in 05 when we first got JD he was terrible, and a poster named jabroni had some image from the game with jermaine's face on it saying i command you to rise from your grave...anyways as you may remember it worked out pretty well in the end

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 05:27 PM)
Just reading one of the Twins boards and they were talking about all the pressure on Slowey tonight........

Who has more pressure Gavin or Slowey?

Slowey--They're still chasing.