Congrats Dye and Paulie

lostfan

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
that is a very unlikely set of circumstances. I like it! Good job JD and PK! World Series MVP and the man who hit a granny in the Series. Sox heroes forever.

JD was the WS MVP, PK was the ALCS MVP. It seems like JD and PK have become quite good friends as well. Special day for both them, one they will probably never forget (unless they do it again in 3-4 years... but I doubt that, lol).

QUOTE (YASNY @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
I doubt that it will ever be done again.

I'm not a big fan of this line of thinking. What if they play baseball for another 500 or 2000 years? A hitter first reached 300 career HR 84 years ago and 300 in a career hasn't become prevalent until relatively recently so it didn't take very long for a feat such as this to take place. If Major League Baseball exists for even another 500 years then baseball history as we know it will be a mere drop in the bucket.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
I'm not a big fan of this line of thinking. What if they play baseball for another 500 or 2000 years? A hitter first reached 300 career HR 84 years ago and 300 in a career hasn't become prevalent until relatively recently so it didn't take very long for a feat such as this to take place. If Major League Baseball exists for even another 500 years then baseball history as we know it will be a mere drop in the bucket.

Idonno, 2 guys hitting their 300th HR back to back is really unlikely scenario to take place again.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
First time in MLB history teammates have hit "century" (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700) homeruns in the same game.

That was my question, and that is awesome. Is anybody else suprised to see Paulie tearing it up so early? He's usually a slow starter...