Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Not me. I argued at length for both him and Willy Taveras all offseason and ended up getting laughed at. Jackson showed serious signs of becoming a 2-3 starter last year.

I wanted Jackson too. He would have been a great addition.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
yeah more talk about Peavy than the game. A loss is a loss wheather it's by 1 or 10. It would've been awesome to get a sweep but 2 of 3 is alright with me.

there's a game on right now? ha

It appears that a full trade clause is indeed one of the largest concessions being sought.....

"Jake's got an option year out there. Do you ask him to forget the option year? Would there be an upgrade of some sort? Jake has a home and family in San Diego, and a trade could incur a lot of hardship and expense. One thing we did say, in any case we were going to ask that the no-trade be made full for the term of the contract, regardless."/quote]

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/padres-c...npage_fanhouse2

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
Its more money per season than the White Sox have ever paid anyone. I don't have my mind made up on anything, I've already said this would be KW's best trade if he pulled it off. I said they were cheap (btw the only time I have ever said they were cheap and I've had season tickets 20 years) when KW cut payroll said he had $.50 and wondered how they would pay the electric bill, and now they have the money for Peavy. Guess who is right? Now I'm saying while taking his contract is a good, bold move, guaranteeing the option, which the White Sox will not do, is stupid, and I agree with them 100% on that. Maybe they will broaden the no trade the last couple of years of the deal, but picking up that money is not wise. They can pick it up after he's pitched here for 3 1/2 years.
I said it before, and I'll say it again: don't always believe what the Sox say. If one of the other posters on here is right, Kenny's been working on this for something like 11 months. I think that if the option year is the real sticking point, you do it. It's a risk well worth taking.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
Arent penguins mean as f***?

I wouldn't even care about that. Think how badass it would be to train your penguin then one day you're having a party and have your penguin walk in from the kitchen holding a tray or pitcher of something dressed in a waiter outfit. Jaws would drop and hilarity would ensue.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
It appears that a full trade clause is indeed one of the largest concessions being sought.....

"Jake's got an option year out there. Do you ask him to forget the option year? Would there be an upgrade of some sort? Jake has a home and family in San Diego, and a trade could incur a lot of hardship and expense. One thing we did say, in any case we were going to ask that the no-trade be made full for the term of the contract, regardless."

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main/padres-c...npage_fanhouse2

I'll exchange the guaranteed 2013 contract for a full NTC.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
in case anyone was wondering, KW's new bar and grill by my house is getting horrific reviews on Yelp.

When it opened, it didn't even have a liquor license. When they finally got one, some newspaper critic went there and ordered a mojito. The waitress came back and told him the bartender didn't know how to make one. I hope for KW's sake, he's more name than money for his piece of the pie.