GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN

Kyyle23

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Yep, BA being platooned

Like Ozzie said; a player should not lose his job due to injury and regardless of what Brian did while Wise was out Dewayne deserves to have the starting job handed back to him. It's Wise's job to lose. Sure Brian hit .282 with a .365 OBP in a starting role and his hitting .323/.382/.484/.866 over his last 10 with four multi-hit games, not giving Wise the majority of the ABs would be unfair.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Did it appear that Wise took a bad route to the ball that DeJesus hit for the double. Stone said he had no chance but it looked like he went the wrong way and got turned around.

He had no chance on it, but it was also because he was playing DeJesus like he was Daniel Cabrera at the plate.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Like Ozzie said; a player should not lose his job due to injury and regardless of what Brian did while Wise was out Dewayne deserves to have the starting job handed back to him. It's Wise's job to lose. Sure Brian hit .282 with a .365 OBP in a starting role and his hitting .323/.382/.484/.866 over his last 10 with four multi-hit games, not giving Wise the majority of the ABs would be unfair.

:lolhitting I lol'ed. And just to spice things up: .192/.192/.192 for a whopping OPS of .384, a whole 2 points higher than Brian's OBP over the last 10 games. And some more kickers: Wise has no walks, no extra-base hits, and has struck out in 30.7% of his AB's this season (8 K's/26 AB's). Man, we sure got a winner in DWise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: some more goodness, 2 CS and 0 SB :P Oh, and I just found this.. get ready for it... his OPS+ is NEGATIVE 1. That's correct, as in -1, 101 points below average.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 07:57 AM)
From Paul Konrad's Facebook: Look for storms to return later this afternoon. Some could be strong with heavy downpours, hail and strong winds. High: 77 More rain tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night

Totally thought that said Paul Konerko's Facebook :lolhitting , so i searched and found nothing except a bunch of fan clubs. Guess Konerko doesn't have a future as a weatherman after all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Yep, BA being platooned

it's only going to get worse when Q returns. Pods will then be taking his playing time. And Wise...I have no idea what's going to happen with him. But if BA gets sent to Charlotte, I will tune in for the soxtalk nuclear meltdown.

it's only going to get worse when Q returns. Pods will then be taking his playing time. And Wise...I have no idea what's going to happen with him. But if BA gets sent to Charlotte, I will tune in for the soxtalk nuclear meltdown.

BA's job is surely safe (sox and Ozzie love him as a defensive replacement, and i'm sure as a platoon) It's really between Pods and Wise, and I'm sure as of now Wise will be the odd man out with Pods taking CF/platooning with BA when Quentin returns.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
BA's job is surely safe (sox and Ozzie love him as a defensive replacement, and i'm sure as a platoon) It's really between Pods and Wise, and I'm sure as of now Wise will be the odd man out with Pods taking CF/platooning with BA when Quentin returns.

Both Dye and Quentin are RH hitters. They could totally keep 2 lefties.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)

Defensive replacement? Since when? Ozzie has been incredibly reluctant to use BA late in games, I did a break down last year that showed he almost NEVER brought BA into close games as a late inning defensive replacement.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Defensive replacement? Since when? Ozzie has been incredibly reluctant to use BA late in games, I did a break down last year that showed he almost NEVER brought BA into close games as a late inning defensive replacement.

it was evident early in the year before Wise got hurt and he was the full time CFer... there were close games where in the 8th and 9th Wise was still in there while BA was rotting on the bench.

Very true. I thought a micro-manager would actually be smart enough to do this. Oh well.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)

the old baseball idea of "can't lose your job to injury" is very stupid. if Ozzie just puts Wise back into the starting lineup day in and day out i'll be surprised and pissed.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
the old baseball idea of "can't lose your job to injury" is very stupid. if Ozzie just puts Wise back into the starting lineup day in and day out i'll be surprised and pissed.

It is a dumb rule. And I don't know how old of an idea it is either. Just ask Wally Pipp.