Game Thread: 7/7 Sowers(2-6) @ Buehrle(8-2) 7:11CDT CSN

kev211

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Whew...

That was the 2nd time I have seen Beckham pass over an easy out at 3rd though... other time was a few days ago a grounder brought him right to the bag with runners on 1st n 2nd 2 out and he through to 1st. Is that the correct play to get the force at 1st?

At this point in time, I like him taking the repetitions to get him as much game practice as possible.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 03:43 AM)
If he throws 96 he really should be throwing it here what is with all ofthe breaking stuff

For now, he's a 91-92 mph pitcher. He's having success, so no reason to change things.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
For now, he's a 91-92 mph pitcher. He's having success, so no reason to change things.

I've seen him up to 96 since he's been up, but it's going to be hard for him to sustain that velocity when he's not getting consistent innings, especially since he was in such a groove starting in AA.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
I posted in the Halladay thread that I would. Would you trade Beckham for Ricky Romero?

Anderson's days have really got to be numbered as his AB's are down right terrible..

There are probably only 3-5 players I'd move Beckham for. Lincecum would be one. Pujols. Hanley. MAYBE Weiters.

Alright, now I feel like an ass because I hadn't previously been watching tv and now see he's at 91-92.

Although prior to today he was 93-94 consistent. You have to wonder whether this gun is slow. I haven't been watching to compare him with previous pitchers.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
Must we b**** about Poreda not having the stuff to succeed at the big league level, when he's clearly succeeding at the big league level?

He seems to not have anyone centering him up and hitting him hard, at least so far.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
Must we b**** about Poreda not having the stuff to succeed at the big league level, when he's clearly succeeding at the big league level?

I wouldn't call it b****ing more that he is not the lights out pitcher I thought he was and constructive criticism.

That was a real nice sequence there.

Nix is a great defensive player.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
I wouldn't call it b****ing more that he is not the lights out pitcher I thought he was and constructive criticism.

That was a real nice sequence there.

Nix is a great defensive player.

What did you expect? He was in a rhythm as a starter in Birmingham and is now getting super spotty innings as a reliever. I'm not saying he's going to be Randy Johnson, not even close, but give the guy a break.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
What did you expect? He was in a rhythm as a starter in Birmingham and is now getting super spotty innings as a reliever. I'm not saying he's going to be Randy Johnson, not even close, but give the guy a break.

I thought a Thortonesque fastball. He is doing fine and I wish he got more work that is all.

Sara Kustok is hot.