Rays @ White Sox 7:11pm CSN+ - The Passion of The Carlos

WSoxMatt

IM HAVING VISIONS OF JESUS COMING BACK TO LIFE BUT INSTEAD OF BEING ALL MERCIFUL HE IS RAMBOESQUE AND KILLS THE ROMANS OLD TESTAMENT STYLE.

THATS WHAT I THINK WHEN I THINK CQ'S RETURN.

(Caps for emphasis)

Edited by Soxbadger

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
IM HAVING VISIONS OF JESUS COMING BACK TO LIFE BUT INSTEAD OF BEING ALL MERCIFUL HE IS RAMBOESQUE AND KILLS THE ROMANS OLD TESTAMENT STYLE.

THATS WHAT I THINK WHEN I THINK CQ'S RETURN.

(Caps for emphasis)

Really...? Never woulda guessed.

:lol:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
I'm only talking about tonight though. If you're not going to play Thome, there's no reason to have Carlos running around out there in his first game back.

The thing is...it's not his first game back. He's been playing the field in the minors.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
I'm only talking about tonight though. If you're not going to play Thome, there's no reason to have Carlos running around out there in his first game back.

While I understand and appreciate your concern to "baby him" in his return, if TCQ is NOT ready to "run" in his first game back, he shouldn't even be out there. This is what AAA should have been for him. If it's not, we'll be seeing plenty of BA soon enough.

Hopefully we take the time to see which David Price is showing up. The one that throws strikes, or the one that likes to walk the world. We need to make Price throw strikes. Don't help him out. Then its time for Floyd to get that hook over early and dominate. I will be there, hopefully cheering on a sox winner.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
I'm having horrible visions of Juan Gonzalez right now. When he came back and on his first swing ran down the line and pulled up lame....

A negative prediction? I'm shocked, Cali. :headbang

What upsets me the most with BA being optioned is Ozzie and Kenny deliberately chose to weaken not just the lineup but also the defensive positions of the Sox against lefties. If BA is still here, Quentin's the DH, Pods in LF and BA's in CF. Which is better than having Quentin running out in LF, Pods' Mackowiak defense out in CF and having a weak defensive replacement/pinch hitter in Wise to come in later innings. Heaven help Q if the game goes extras tonight.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
What upsets me the most with BA being optioned is Ozzie and Kenny deliberately chose to weaken not just the lineup but also the defensive positions of the Sox against lefties. If BA is still here, Quentin's the DH, Pods in LF and BA's in CF. Which is better than having Quentin running out in LF, Pods' Mackowiak defense out in CF and having a weak defensive replacement/pinch hitter in Wise to come in later innings. Heaven help Q if the game goes extras tonight.

I'm assuming you mean in late game defensive replacement situations. You can't seriously consider making BA an everyday player again, can you?

It will never happen again with this team, unless there is a WAVE of injuries, nor should it.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
A negative prediction? I'm shocked, Cali. :headbang

Only about CQ haha

I just don't think he's healthy, and Im not gonna count on him to do too much for the 2009 Sox...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Pods8, Alexei6, JD9, PK3, AJ2, TCQ7, Beckham5, Nix4, Fields dh. Floyd pitching.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
what's the lineup tonight?

bottom of the lineup looks good

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
what's the lineup tonight?

I love this quote - "The Passion of The Carlos"........

Don't get me wrong, I love TCQ. However, unlike a lot on SoxTalk.com, I would NOT have gay sex with him. Period. Perhaps we should have a poll put up on ST asking if you would or would not?

LOL

(and yes, I am drunk, however, it's 1:41 AM where I am in Europe, so give me a bit of slack :-))

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
I love this quote - "The Passion of The Carlos"........

Don't get me wrong, I love TCQ. However, unlike a lot on SoxTalk.com, I would NOT have gay sex with him. Period. Perhaps we should have a poll put up on ST asking if you would or would not?

LOL

(and yes, I am drunk, however, it's 1:41 AM where I am in Europe, so give me a bit of slack :-))

LMAO, I hope you are drunk, I certainly did not read the title and think to myself "I would like to have gay sex with Carlos Quentin"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
LMAO, I hope you are drunk, I certainly did not read the title and think to myself "I would like to have gay sex with Carlos Quentin"

Personally, i read every thread and think "i'd like to have gay sex with Carlos Quentin" Maybe that's just me though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
Personally, i read every thread and think "i'd like to have gay sex with Carlos Quentin" Maybe that's just me though.

CLASSIC! However, it's like the "passion of Christ", yes? I mean, this guy is God to a lot of people on here. So, not sure where I got the idea either, although maybe I am turning into The Talented Mr. Ripley while spending time in Europe ;-)