MARK BUEHRLE PITCHES THE 18TH PERFECT GAME IN HISTORY

southsider2k5

Well the last 5 words aren't news, but why, exactly? I can't be bothered to actually read his articles/posts to be honest so I don't know what he said.

basically said that is why wise is on the team and that should shut up all the BA lovers. His exact quote is in the SoxNet.Net article thing.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
Joe maddon and the Rays displayed a lot of class today. With the speed the team has, they easily could have tried to knock Buehrle off his rhythm with a bunt in the later innings. True professionals.

Are you kidding me? If anything, not bunting more was stupid by them because when you have a pitcher cruising like Buehrle, if you make him get off the mound and field, it could throw him off.

This is baseball. You don't make it easy on anyone. I don't know what the reason was for not bunting, but you don't go out there trying to help the opposing team. I would have preferred to see them make it as tough as possible.

By brother got tickets for us to go to this game last night at about 10:00 from his friend who was just giving the tickets away. With work we almost didn't go. Anyway we ended up going thank God. Right after the last out was made my brother god a text from his friend who gave us the tickets...

"Oh s*** dude, I am about to be sick."

Also we got there a little late. Right after the first inning. As we walked in I looked at the scoreboard and turned to my brother and jokingly said "check it out Buerhle's got a no hitter going."

Who would have thought.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Are you kidding me? If anything, not bunting more was stupid by them because when you have a pitcher cruising like Buehrle, if you make him get off the mound and field, it could throw him off.

This is baseball. You don't make it easy on anyone. I don't know what the reason was for not bunting, but you don't go out there trying to help the opposing team. I would have preferred to see them make it as tough as possible.

Anyone who tries to bunt their way on in the bottom of the 9th, down by 5, against a pitcher who has a perfect game or no-hitter, needs to be thrown into a shark tank.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
you don't bunt down by five. Unless you are classless. Would you if it wasn't a no no or perfect game, no. One run means nothing. Its was a professionally managed game by someone who understands baseball ethics.

Exactly, you are down by 5. You need baserunners, not home runs. Any way you get on base, you do it. With any outs, it's a different story as a bunt is too risky. But to leadoff the inning, a bunt would make perfect sense.

Also, the other team shouldn't want Buehrle to get the PG. They should do everything in their power to break it up. It's a losers mentality to say "hey, lets just swing away and see what happens, we don't want to break up the PG".

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
Anyone who tries to bunt their way on in the bottom of the 9th, down by 5, against a pitcher who has a perfect game or no-hitter, needs to be thrown into a shark tank.

Bunting to leadoff the 9th inning would have been smart baseball. Also, considering they were down by only 5, they weren't out of it by any means.

I would have had the first batter try and bunt for a hit. If that didn't work, at least hopefully you got the pitcher off the mound and have to field the ball, which can cause him to get a bit discombobulated. Also, the Rays needed baserunners, not home runs. But as I previously stated, bunting with any outs would have been just to get out of the PG. But still, no team should lay down and not try any way possible to break the PG.

As a White Sox fan, I am f***ing ecstatic about the PG. But as a baseball fan, there is no way in hell I don't want to see a team give it's all and try everything they got to break up the no-no or PG.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
i'm going to agree with stocking on this one.

Speaking for someone who has played the game (many here as well), was undrafted but A Marlin scout wanted to sign me (fun fact), had a coach who used to play in the minors (up to AA I think?) and knows the game very well, played against other players in the minors now (and just know a couple) and knows alittle the bush league rules, I also have to agree with Stocking and Lost.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
Congrats Mark, it was a great game to watch

Thank God, Ozzie put D Wise in as a defensive replacement in CF. No way Scotty Pods makes that play!

Kudos Ozzie!

Photobucket

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1957711:date=Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:47 PM:name=JFields27)-->
QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
<!--quotec-->Congrats Mark, it was a great game to watch

Thank God, Ozzie put D Wise in as a defensive replacement in CF. No way Scotty Pods makes that play!

Kudos Ozzie!

649x100_buehrle.jpg

I'm still kind of upset that Ozzie wouldn't do this last year for Floyd's could've-been no-hitter.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
I'm still kind of upset that Ozzie wouldn't do this last year for Floyd's could've-been no-hitter.

AJ said the same thing in an interview when he thought (he also said other teammates as well) BA shoulda been a replacement late in the inning. Looks like Ozzie didn't miss the boat this time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Speaking for someone who has played the game (many here as well), been drafted (fun fact), had a coach who used to play in the minors (up to AA I think?) and knows the game very well, played against other players in the minors now (and just know a couple) and knows alittle the bush league rules, I also have to agree with Stocking and Lost.

Really? What round, year, and team?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Really? What round, year, and team?

Shoot me a PM. I don't brag about s*** like that especially considering I f***ed up my knee.. :(

EDIT: My post from earlier, and the PM for you BS.

Edited by SoxAce