Fall of '09 television thread

BigSqwert

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOA tonight...just wow! What an episode...so many things going on...so many questions going forward. That was seriously good television.

I assume that Jax somehow re-votes or reverses the vote to rejoin the charter? The end of the episode wher ehe picks up his patches plus the preview where he's back at the table clearly seem to indicate he's back with the club.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
SOA tonight...just wow! What an episode...so many things going on...so many questions going forward. That was seriously good television.

I assume that Jax somehow re-votes or reverses the vote to rejoin the charter? The end of the episode wher ehe picks up his patches plus the preview where he's back at the table clearly seem to indicate he's back with the club.

I thought it was sort of boring, but it's one of those necessary boring episodes which sets up the rest of the season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
I thought it was sort of boring, but it's one of those necessary boring episodes which sets up the rest of the season.

wow...i'm surprised you could call that a boring episode. it wasn't a lot of gunplay or anything but i would say that episode was far from boring. Ranging from

chibbs getting his own storyline and turning on the Irish to Jax leaving to Gemma telling about the rape. From Piney returning (and the final shot of him looking between a drink and his gun) and Opie finally getting his head on straight as far as his kids are concerned. to top it off it was parenting 'advice' from CLAY of all people.

Jax manning up and admitting he wa wrong to think Clay had anything to do with KaraKara burning.

Lots of stuff happened and even more is in store for next week. One thing i did notice that i wonder if it was on purpose was

at no time either between the club members or during the conversation between the chief and Jax did anyone mention any bodies found in the KaraKara wreckage. does that mean the jerking off guy (can't remember his name but he accepts that) managed to pull Darby out and they are hiding somewhere??? or was it a forgotten detail by the writers.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

:headbang :notworthy

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
wow...i'm surprised you could call that a boring episode. it wasn't a lot of gunplay or anything but i would say that episode was far from boring. Ranging from

chibbs getting his own storyline and turning on the Irish to Jax leaving to Gemma telling about the rape. From Piney returning (and the final shot of him looking between a drink and his gun) and Opie finally getting his head on straight as far as his kids are concerned. to top it off it was parenting 'advice' from CLAY of all people.

Jax manning up and admitting he wa wrong to think Clay had anything to do with KaraKara burning.

Lots of stuff happened and even more is in store for next week. One thing i did notice that i wonder if it was on purpose was

at no time either between the club members or during the conversation between the chief and Jax did anyone mention any bodies found in the KaraKara wreckage. does that mean the jerking off guy (can't remember his name but he accepts that) managed to pull Darby out and they are hiding somewhere??? or was it a forgotten detail by the writers.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

:headbang :notworthy

When they were originally burning down the studio, I assumed the guy with two fingers pulled Darby out and that it will come into play later in the season. I'm sure that's still the case.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)

When they were originally burning down the studio, I assumed the guy with two fingers pulled Darby out and that it will come into play later in the season. I'm sure that's still the case.

I thought the episode was great. I do not think the fire thing was forgotten but will come back at some point. Why is it not brought up though? The vote was simply to allow Jax to leave if he wanted not that he was being thrown out. I think it sets up the remainder of this season pretty well.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
I thought the episode was great. I do not think the fire thing was forgotten but will come back at some point. Why is it not brought up though? The vote was simply to allow Jax to leave if he wanted not that he was being thrown out. I think it sets up the remainder of this season pretty well.

I agree that it sets up the rest of the season. I think I said that. There was just much less action this week than in the previous few weeks (which is to be expected, as tons of s*** went down).

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
Russell is the greatest Survivor contestant of all time. Win or lose! No arguement!

2 Idols without 1 clue = Legendary. Laura was pissed too. I would have liked to see them blindside her if she didn't win the immunity. It looks like Russell might me out next week though if he doesn't win or find another idol.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
Anyone else catch 30 Rock last night? They had these two quick shots of a show called "Sports Shouting" that were just awesome. For extra entertainment, pause the show at that point, and look at the crawl text on the screen.

"KC Royals accidentally left off 2009 schedule."

"Jacksonville residents no longer aware of Jaguars"

Were some of them, they were great!

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
2 Idols without 1 clue = Legendary. Laura was pissed too. I would have liked to see them blindside her if she didn't win the immunity. It looks like Russell might me out next week though if he doesn't win or find another idol.

Yup. And it will be unfortunate cuz he will prove this year that the best player doesn't always win.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
The Saracen storyline on FNL is the only bad thing on this season. It still has the same realistic storylines and same realistic characters. I LOVE this show.

yea im not liking the saracen storyline either because we know hes leaving at some point since he is just guest starring anyway. i am very interested to see what happens to julies role with matt leaving though. After the first episode i thought that jd mccoy would be one of the main characters but i guess not. hes dissapeared and so did the mom. Great show!!

QUOTE (whitesox07champs @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
yea im not liking the saracen storyline either because we know hes leaving at some point since he is just guest starring anyway. i am very interested to see what happens to julies role with matt leaving though. After the first episode i thought that jd mccoy would be one of the main characters but i guess not. hes dissapeared and so did the mom. Great show!!

I think the kid is credited for 5 episodes so we will be seeing him again. I was shocked his voice hadn't changed yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
Am I the only one that had a flashback to LOST's "THrough the Looking Glass" during FLASH FORWARD last night?

Simon never said Not Penny's boat? haha

No I watched it but I didn't have a flashback what sparked it?