4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
At least Ozzie didn't trot out a 9 righties lineup.

8 (since Vizquel switch hits) isn't close enough for ya? :P I was shocked he's letting Pierre still bat since he's left-handed. Dude hits both RHP and LHP well over his career (average wise) so it's nice to see Ozzie wising up.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Alexei is sandwiched between some good hitters today.

I expect his walk rate to go up now. :lol:

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Lucy bothers me so incredibly bad.

He's bothered me ever since we passed on Suzuki to take him.

Edited by SoxAce

Since this is a WCIU game, I'll be listening over MLB Gameday Audio tonight. Since I moved away from the Chicago area recently, this will be the first season in which I can't watch every White Sox game. =/

Edited by Sox It To Em

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
8 (since Vizquel switch hits) isn't close enough for ya? :P I was shocked he's letting Pierre still bat since he's left-handed. Dude hits both RHP and LHP well over his career (average wise) so it's nice to see Ozzie wising up.

On this one, I actually agree with the Hawk...that "9 righty" lineup that Ozzie always trotted out against Santana and to a lesser extent pre-injury Liriano just let the LHP get into a grove because he never had to face a guy on the other side of the plate.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Some people forget 2007 even transpired.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
I've had several shock therapy sessions to help me forget that year.

What they said.

Lexi needs to get his act together better in April. How'd he hit in the spring?

Our professional hitters need to get a clue and drill the ball where it is pitched like most playoff caliber teams do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
Lexi needs to get his act together better in April. How'd he hit in the spring?

Our professional hitters need to get a clue and drill the ball where it is pitched like most playoff caliber teams do.

Alexei was 18/69 in ST for a .261 average. 1 2b, 5/6 on stolen bases.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
Really? Our third string catcher bothers you that much?

I have grown tired of hearing him around here for the past half decade as some sort of legit option as a back up. I was tired of hearing about him pre injury... post injury... it doesn't matter. He has sucked every stop he has been, and that's being nice. I'm pretty damn certain the org has never looked him as any sort of real option and year in year out yet you'll hear from people ''will lucy make it out of spring training?!?!?!''... and meaning it. He is a borderline scrub (lucky to be even be considered a scrub) and should be treated as such. Hope that answers your question for you.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
He's probably actually 4th string, we just don't want to start the arbitration clock on the 3rd string guy.

I don't this his "arbitration clock" has a damn thing to do with it. If he were up here as the backup for 2 weeks he'd probably be looking at maybe 10 to 12 PA. Playing time makes significantly more sense then starting some clock that already already ticked to the tune of 34 games last year on a guy who could very well see the big leagues for another 30 days in September before becoming the full time starter at the beginning of next season or simply shipped out at any moment for a big bat making the "arb clock" moot. Not to mention the most obvious problem here: you worry about these things with elite prospects not the Tyler Flowers' of the world.