2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)
I hate them

we've really run into some bad luck this season in terms of facing a rotation's top starters, catching teams when they're hot. And now the Nationals seem to have caught fire (9-1) right before they come to town. I'm hoping things balance out in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Attendance has been s***ty in both parks as it is and this has been going on since 1997, I think it's losing a bit of its luster overall

I don't think it's losing its luster so much as the teams just suck. If the teams are both good, the series becomes huge, simple as that. There is just way too much apathy from both fan bases to really build up hype and buy tickets.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
we've really run into some bad luck this season in terms of facing a rotation's top starters, catching teams when they're hot. And now the Nationals seem to have caught fire (9-1) right before they come to town. I'm hoping things balance out in the 2nd half.

Who cares? The Sox have underachieved. If they fear the Nationals then they deserve to lose another series. The Sox fate will be decided by how they do against the Central. So far signs have been that they will be b****slapped all season again by Central opponents.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Who cares? The Sox have underachieved. If they fear the Nationals then they deserve to lose another series. The Sox fate will be decided by how they do against the Central. So far signs have been that they will be b****slapped all season again by Central opponents.

Who cares? I care. I don't care what the team is I don't want to face them when they're on a roll. Oh, and I actually root for the Sox to win, so that's another reason.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Who cares? I care. I don't care what the team is I don't want to face them when they're on a roll. Oh, and I actually root for the Sox to win, so that's another reason.

This team has proven it can lose to the worst teams out there and beat the best.

So why does it matter?

The competition does not matter to this team. it either comes to play or it doesn't.

Big things happening for Josh Fields.

According to a report in Sports Hochi, the Yomiuri Giants of Japan's Central League are trying to get Josh Fields out of his contract with the Rockies.

The report states that the Giants are "pouring all their effort into agreeing to a contract quickly." Fields, 28, is currently batting .365/.429/.674 with 11 home runs, 45 RBI and a 1.103 OPS over 203 plate appearances with Triple-A Colorado Springs in the hitter-friendly PCL. He was acquired from the Pirates at the end of spring training.

From Rotoworld.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
Best part of that movie was Frank's 20-second cameo. Haha.

That's the reason we rented it, to be honest. I remember it pretty vividly. We were in Tennessee on vacation, it was pouring all day, so we had to rent a movie from the relatively small collection the hotel had.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
LOL. Ever since I saw Mr. Baseball, I've wanted to spend some time in Japan and specifically their baseball world.

Last I saw Fields was no longer on Colo Springs roster. Don't know where he went.

I don't want to start an "are you in" or "out" thread, but in studying the standings, I will eat my words and say, that entering the Washington series, the Sox have at least done what many of you said they would do, get back in the "race," make themselves "contenders" again.

The Sox are six back in the loss column, four back of Detroit in that column, one ahead of Minnie. At this date, you are right, that is nothing.

The Sox are 18-18 at home, battling back to .500 after starting so poorly at home and the Sox are a respectable 2 under on the road.

If from this point forward, the White Sox could play as they have been on the road (a little better would be nice) and become exceptional at home ... if they could suck it up and play their Central Division foes with a sense of urgency and start beating them as they should (looking at rosters we have the best team), yes there would still be plenty of time to win this division. As everybody knows, with our pitching staff, we're built for the postseason.

So many of you, as of this moment (it can change in one week with this weird team) were correct in saying that horrible April/May could be overcome.

Yes you were right. The Sox CAN overcome that horrendous start. As mad as I was at the team for that lousy start, I was wrong.

The question is .. will the Sox do it and are they going to make me look foolish if I start believing again?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
I'm listening to Cowley on the score and he basically just called Gavin Floyd stupid (said he needs a lot of help to do cross-word puzzles, if he couldn't pitch, he'd be taking orders at Windy's).

That's pretty funny from a writer whose best source is the managers son.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
I'm listening to Cowley on the score and he basically just called Gavin Floyd stupid (said he needs a lot of help to do cross-word puzzles, if he couldn't pitch, he'd be taking orders at Windy's).

So shouldn't all Wendy's employees now be offended and demand to never be used in such a comparison again???

That's probably true of a lot of professional athletes. Their ability to throw/hit/catch/kick a ball pretty much set them for life.

His job is to cover these guys and get interviews from them, and he goes and does things like this. Who's the idiot?