April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Fathom's post about Morel:

The biggest concern I have is that he seemingly just swings at everything. If he could improve his patience some, I think he could be solid hitter because right now he can hit. The problem is as other teams scout him more they are going to throw him more and more junk and watch him swing away.

Buerhle is the man tonite. Wonder if Ozzie let's him go for the 9th? I would kind of doubt it as Gavin had this kind of agame yesterday and was taken out after 8. No reason to extend the pitchers to far this early in ther year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
In regards to Fathom's post about Morel:

The biggest concern I have is that he seemingly just swings at everything. If he could improve his patience some, I think he could be solid hitter because right now he can hit. The problem is as other teams scout him more they are going to throw him more and more junk and watch him swing away.

Good stuff

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
Buerhle is the man tonite. Wonder if Ozzie let's him go for the 9th? I would kind of doubt it as Gavin had this kind of agame yesterday and was taken out after 8. No reason to extend the pitchers to far this early in ther year.

As long as Ozzie can resist injecting strategy, the Sox will be fine with Mark pitching the 9th.

Let the game be.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:00 AM)
I don't know how Mark doesn't get to at least start the inning. Very worried now.

Considering it seems that Buehrle was on a short leash in the 8th, he must have told Ozzie after the 7th he was getting tired.