7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
So when this season goes to crap we'll sell then, because I don't think the Sox are better than at least 1 team ahead of them or the team behind them.

Still stuns me people think we're better than the Tigers. Our lineup just isn't capable of putting together a big run. If you think Dunn's going to revert back to form this season, then you're really hoping for a miracle.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Sox fans wont come to the park during a rebuild, ownership knows this and thats why you most likely wont ever see the Sox do a complete rebuild.

And they're not coming to the ballpark for a 125 million dollar payroll team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Sox fans wont come to the park during a rebuild, ownership knows this and thats why you most likely wont ever see the Sox do a complete rebuild.

But they'll show up to watch a bunch of aging, overrated and overpaid players? They'll show up for trash like Alex Rios?

A rebuild will be necessary...either that or we're looking at the peak of what this team can do (.500 record)...This franchise looks finished as it currently is built.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)

That is fine but trading CQ has to be looked at today this team is not even .500.

Prior to trading Jackson Sox staff blew the Tigers staff away. Sure the Tigers will score more runs, but there is a reason why they have a negative run differential.

Its just classic grass is always greener, but all of the teams in the Al Central suck and if Im going to bet, Id bet on the team with the best pitching staff. That being said I just dont think this is the Sox year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
Still stuns me people think we're better than the Tigers. Our lineup just isn't capable of putting together a big run. If you think Dunn's going to revert back to form this season, then you're really hoping for a miracle.

No doubt and don't think we're better than the Twins either...especially as they start getting healthy.

The White Sox are a bad baseball team, only made mediocre by some excellent pitching...pitching that may be wearing down some.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)

its a Sunday afternoon, against the Red Sox and the Sox are 3 games out of first, and there looks to be plenty of empty seats in the outfield and upper deck.

looks like the fans arent coming out now.

Friday's attendance was 27k.

Well they are coming to the park in droves right now. A rotten offense kills a team. We have scored 3 or less in 53 out of 105 games this year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
its a Sunday afternoon, against the Red Sox and the Sox are 3 games out of first, and there looks to be plenty of empty seats in the outfield and upper deck.

On "Frank Thomas statue" day

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)

As I said, if Ordonez starts hitting again in the 3 hole, that line-up's just going to win the AL Central going away.

Your only weakness offensively right now is Wilson Betemit and Austin Jackson. Those guys would be "studs" in our putrid line-up.

It does not matter if they come to the park. The Sox have guaranteed revenue streams that would net them somewhere between $40M-$50M if they went to a $60M-$70M payroll.

I dont know why fans dont show, I can only read what people on this message board say.

90% of people complain that the Sox arent winning. So if you are rebuilding and losing 90 games a season, how many of those fans will show?

I go to the game for entertainment, so id still show up, but it gets lonely when there are only 10k fans there, and thats been with teams who were considered contenders.

/shrugs

Easy to sit on the sidelines and complain.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)

I do not blame 1 person for not going to see this horrid offensive team. If team does not care to change why should fans show up. ......................I will not return in 2011 to see this nonsense.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
On "Frank Thomas statue" day

It's really embarassing that 75% of the cheering in these games is for the Red Sox.

The only positive of the Yankees coming into town is revenue generation, because the Yankees' fans will drown out everything but the boos for Rios.

Luckily, YOUK will be gone so we can clearly hear the Rios boos when he's up to the plate or out in the field.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
It does not matter if they come to the park. The Sox have guaranteed revenue streams that would net them somewhere between $40M-$50M if they went to a $60M-$70M payroll.

Are you taking your talents to South Beach when Oney's dad is sent packing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
I dont know why fans dont show, I can only read what people on this message board say.

90% of people complain that the Sox arent winning. So if you are rebuilding and losing 90 games a season, how many of those fans will show?

I go to the game for entertainment, so id still show up, but it gets lonely when there are only 10k fans there, and thats been with teams who were considered contenders.

/shrugs

Easy to sit on the sidelines and complain.

At least they ain't playing overpayed primadonnas, I like watching the team rebuild and getting young players and see them come togheter like in 1999