Your mood going into the offseason

Kyyle23

Soxtalk's finest, Please vote  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one best describes your mood

• Excited: It Finally Happened! This is awesome!
    • Saddened: I will miss the Ozzeroo, he was fun while he was here. But it was necessary
    • Anxious: Not really sure of the direction of the franchise from here
    • Pissed off: The wrong guy got the axe, Oz is not to blame here

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited ... not expecting immediate results, do think we are rebuilding, but tired of the black cloud over the franchise and clubhouse. Even a 65-97 season in a rebuild mode with some young talent would be better than watching this year over again. New era!

Edited by La Marr Hoyt HOF

curious. so many questions surrounding the future of the team. do they begin with a gradual deconstruction of this roster, spend more money and go all in again, or just start a massive sell-off now? who's the manager? how long of a leash does kw have?

and all that's before i get to the roster and the various questions around dunn, sale, peavy, rios, morel, beckham, flowers, de aza, and other guys who's careers could take different directions going forward.

should be an interesting few months, for sure.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
Have at it. Feel free to adlib if you want

It's been a frustrating season. The team underachieved, some of the team's marquee players were very bad, sick of the Guillen/Williams spat, etc, etc.

The off-season theme will be change, in terms of lessening payroll and adding some younger talent.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:58 AM)
curious. so many questions surrounding the future of the team. do they begin with a gradual deconstruction of this roster, spend more money and go all in again, or just start a massive sell-off now? who's the manager? how long of a leash does kw have?

and all that's before i get to the roster and the various questions around dunn, sale, peavy, rios, morel, beckham, flowers, de aza, and other guys who's careers could take different directions going forward.

should be an interesting few months, for sure.

They are going to compete, or at least try to. There is too much money sunk in already to write off next season, but there will be changes geared to cutting payroll and adding some young talent.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
Why? Have you heard anything about Walker being gone?

If KW wanted to can him a month ago and JR prevented it, I think at this point he will be allowed to say sayonara.

And really, why would you want to saddle a new manager with that baggage. At least with Cooper you can point to varying degrees of success. With Walker, very few success stories, bad overall offenses for a long period of time, and his contract is up. If he comes back I will be surprised.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
I think it's always exciting for a new era to begin.

I voted for excited, but I also want to note that I'm a little bit anxious. I don't trust this organization to make the correct managerial choice, especially with JR sticking his nose into it so much.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
I voted for excited, but I also want to note that I'm a little bit anxious. I don't trust this organization to make the correct managerial choice, especially with JR sticking his nose into it so much.

JR is starting to feel a lot like Jerry Jones in some ways.

I'm in between saddened & anxious. I did like Ozzie, but it was time for him to go. That being said, I'm not sure what's gonna happen with this team the next few years no matter who the next manager is. You have expensive guys who were awful last year, a few youngsters who haven't hit their potential yet. It's an interesting mix, and I'm not sure if it will go well or implode.