2012 TV Thread

knightni

OK, I see all this talk about Breaking Bad, I see there was a catch up marathon and apparently another one coming up.

I know NOTHING about the show. Sell me on this and I might try to pull off that catch up marathon over time. What do I need to know here.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 11:44 PM)
OK, I see all this talk about Breaking Bad, I see there was a catch up marathon and apparently another one coming up.

I know NOTHING about the show. Sell me on this and I might try to pull off that catch up marathon over time. What do I need to know here.

It starts from the beginning again next Thursday at 1AM CT. I'm only 15 episodes in, but I deeply regret not watching it originally. I'll let someone who's seen it all sell you more on it.

Bryan Cranston. Overqualified science teacher. Diagnosed with cancer. Worried he has left his wife and soon-to-be 2 children without anything. Hears about the kind of loads of money his DEA agent brother-in-law confiscates from meth operations. Runs in to a former student who is in the meth business. Partners up, sells meth, makes money for family.

That's the skinny. Best show on TV.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
Bryan Cranston. Overqualified science teacher. Diagnosed with cancer. Worried he has left his wife and soon-to-be 2 children without anything. Hears about the kind of loads of money his DEA agent brother-in-law confiscates from meth operations. Runs in to a former student who is in the meth business. Partners up, sells meth, makes money for family.

That's the skinny. Best show on TV.

This. Good work, without revealing too much of the show.

Seriously, watch it, it is incredible.

We seem to align often, so here goes in 4 words.

Best show on television

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
Yes! I love that show way too much. Gabriel Macht and Patrick Adams are just f***ing brilliant in it. And it's always nice when Meghan Markle's on the screen.

I honestly thought going into the show that it was going to be a Royal Pains type show, where the drama is way too fake and you don't connect much with the characters.

But yea, Macht and Adams are spectacular, and every single actress is smokin' hot.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:13 AM)
The season premiere of Falling Skies was pretty damn good. For a TV show, the special effects are pretty good. The scene when they removed the "parasite" from Tom's eye was fairly disturbing.

I really enjoy Falling Skies and the 2 hour premiere was great.

My only concern about Falling Skies is they have basically made a super powered alien with no interest in peace and somehow have to keep the humans alive. So far they havent even introduced a V like 5th Column element where they have infighting which is helping the humans.

It is simply the best show on television. If you opt not to watch it, you have only yourself to blame.