The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2012 -> 05:00 AM)
The Marlins just aren't hitting.

But his ERA's about what most expected in the NL, 3.34.

The defense behind him hasn't been very good, either.

Sounds disturbingly familiar.

Let me guess, lots of outs on basepaths too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put on your seatbelts here, Marlins' fans.

Even in a mop-up situation yesterday, Heath Bell got rocked and almost completely melted down with walks, HBP, hits everywhere around the diamond...he gave up 2 more runs last night.

Giants down by 1 in the bottom of the 8th. Leadoff hitter on with a double.

Would be 9 losses in 10 games if they blow this. Sac bunt, catcher throws the ball into the dirt when he underestimates how fast Angel Pagan really is....Blanco on 3rd, Pagan on 1st now, no outs still.

Ozzie is just taking the long way on his path to many Marlins championships.

I'm now tuning in. Thanks for the heads up.

Ozzie's move works. Posey hit into a double play. The man is a baseball genius.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:55 AM)
My favorite part of this story is that he's getting hell for an opinion of his that isn't popular with a group of people. Can anyone think of another place that punishes people for the expression of their beliefs if they stray too far from, or run contrary to an accepted norm?

Fidel Castro's Cuba.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
The whole freedom of speech thing means that when someone exercises their right to say something stupid, everyone has the right to tell that person that they said something stupid.

Great post.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 2, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Giancarlo is sucking badly so far this season and he's leading our team in batting average.. Oy vey!! :crying

You know you're really a Sox fan and not a Marlins fan right?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
That's 3 wins that Heath Bell has now cost Big Z. I'd watch my back in the locker room if I were him.

I'm not big on the ins and outs of WAR, ERA+, and whatever, but at some point, they just need to ditch won/loss record altogther.

At the end of the day, teams know how good you are without looking at your win/loss record. Zambrano won't lose a dime because of this. Might as well just discontinue the practice of assigning decisions.

I like quality starts but know that not all of them are equal.

I go--quality starts, IP, WHIP, K/BB ratio, and ERA.

The way I look at it, if you make 33 starts and 20 are quality, with 210 innings, you've done your part on the team. The rest of the numbers take care of themselves.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
I'm not big on the ins and outs of WAR, ERA+, and whatever, but at some point, they just need to ditch won/loss record altogther.

At the end of the day, teams know how good you are without looking at your win/loss record. Zambrano won't lose a dime because of this. Might as well just discontinue the practice of assigning decisions.

I like quality starts but know that not all of them are equal.

I go--quality starts, IP, WHIP, K/BB ratio, and ERA.

The way I look at it, if you make 33 starts and 20 are quality, with 210 innings, you've done your part on the team. The rest of the numbers take care of themselves.

I agree with everything you said. But as Balta said, it's Carlos Zambrano, all bets are off with him.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Marlins scored 5 in the 1st inning. Josh Johnson gave up 6 in the 3rd to the Padres. That guy ain't right.

Josh Johnson probably isn't healthy.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 5, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
they really like steve cishek, he's got balls of steel, but ozzie uses him like crazy

So they wasted $27 million on a crappy closer...

Cishek's got some great numbers, s***, he was better than Heath Bell last year. I don't see the Marlins going back to Bell anytime soon.

Plus his name sounds like Pat Neshek, reminding Ozzie of a former Piranha who always had our number while he was healthy.

Clayton Richard and Mark Buehrle both throw an excellent game, both with only one run surrendered...Buehrle's ERA under 3 now, can't use Chishek until Tuesday's game according to Ozzie because of overuse the last few games.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
Complete game for Buehrle. Great first month for him in a Marlins uniform.

Great is too strong a word for how he's been. He feasted off of some of the worst offenses in the NL so far. There's no question he'll be a low 3 ERA guy in the NL this year, IMO.