Game Thread: TOR @ CHW, 6/6/12, 7:10pm

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
This is the one time in life I honestly say Joe Cowley could be relevant here... How about an nice anti-Canadian rant to get the boys to wake up against the BJ's?

Its always good to be awake for BJs

Last noights game marked by two bad innings and the homers from two Blue Jays. It always seems we have one of two that just seem to kick our butts in a game. It would be a nice reboujnd if Quintana can win it tonight

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
yeah, but these are Canadian ones which when you consider the exchange rate, is probably only 2/3s of a BJ.

2/3 is better than none

Why, exactly did the Yankees give up on a 22 y.o. (now 23) who'd been pretty successful at every stop? His stuff's not spectacular, granted, but still kinda weird.

Was it a situation where they couldn't protect him due to roster space?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

I imagine Q is still upset about being tossed last time he started. Let us see if he casts a spell on the Blue Jays.

The offense was okay last night; it was the pitching that did us in. I feel tonight we will see better results.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
This is the one time in life I honestly say Joe Cowley could be relevant here...

Do not like Cowley's stances on things, but I think it's pretty clear that Twitter (and life) is less interesting with him not around anymore. As far as entertainment goes, I don't see how that can be disputed. As far as the bounds of (his) decency, that one is unsure. But he should be around, doing what he does. No Ozzie/No Cowley sadly leaves us only baseball. It's difficult.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
Just win ONE and take out your frustrations on Houston and the rest of the NL...

10 games with Toronto this season. I'd take 4-6 right now.

But yeah, they need to go at least 11-7 in interleague. Already starting 3-0 is a good thing.

Seemingly being unable to beat Toronto no matter what either teams records are at any given time is super frustrating, but then you realize they aren't in the Central and it becomes less frustrating (but still a little frustrating)

Just try for 5-5, settle for 4-6 and concentrate on those games against Cle, Minny, Detroit and KC. That's how they'll make the playoffs...

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Do not like Cowley's stances on things, but I think it's pretty clear that Twitter (and life) is less interesting with him not around anymore. As far as entertainment goes, I don't see how that can be disputed. As far as the bounds of (his) decency, that one is unsure. But he should be around, doing what he does. No Ozzie/No Cowley sadly leaves us only baseball. It's difficult.

How are you able to press on?

But yeah, they need to go at least 11-7 in interleague. Already starting 3-0 is a good thing.

Dodgers are banged up, and the Cubs/Astros/Brewers are just terrible. 8-7 against the remaining IL schedule would be very disappointing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
Dodgers are banged up, and the Cubs/Astros/Brewers are just terrible. 8-7 against the remaining IL schedule would be very disappointing.

You say that now, but then we face Wainwright, Lynn, Kershaw, Capuano, Garza, Samardzjia, Gallardo, Greinke.

We'll get our wins against them, but let's not get too cocky.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)

See I LOVE that the focus is on baseball instead of all of the asinine side shows. I don't care about that stuff, I care about baseball.

Flowers 1b

Bravo to Robin! If your catchers are both among your nine best hitters, then find a way to get them both in the lineup.

I might have gone with Dunn at 1B since he has more experience, but then having Flowers in the field prevents you from losing your DH if something happens to AJ and you have to move him behind the plate.