Youkilis, $5.6 million traded to White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
Baron, you sure they're not going to send down/DL another player on their roster in order to activate Cook?

adeDeadliner ‏@TradeDeadliner

#RedSox will activate Aaron Cook from the DL tomorrow to start against ATL. Expect Youkilis trade to be done by then to make room.

https://twitter.com/TradeDeadliner

Thats where I got it from. I was thinking of that earlier but I have no idea who else they would send down. Aaron Cook is for sure coming up though. He was suppose to start today in Pawtucket.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
adeDeadliner ‏@TradeDeadliner

#RedSox will activate Aaron Cook from the DL tomorrow to start against ATL. Expect Youkilis trade to be done by then to make room.

https://twitter.com/TradeDeadliner

Thats where I got it from. I was thinking of that earlier but I have no idea who else they would send down. Aaron Cook is for sure coming up though. He was suppose to start today in Pawtucket.

If he started today then why do they need to bring him up tomorrow?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
If he started today then why do they need to bring him up tomorrow?

He missed his schedule start because he is being called up. As for why I have no idea.He is being brought up though.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
The best part of this, if you look at the Twitter feed, is dumbass Chris Singleton responding "legit" because he misunderstood the tweet too. :lolhitting

Or maybe he also likes the restaurant, I mean he did play in Chicago.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:59 AM)
Well, with Cook being brought up that pretty much confirms that the Red Sox aren't asking for Major League players in return.

Maybe we'll send them Hudson in a mano for mano deal.

Nyuk nyuk.

We better not send them a name prospect! They want to get rid of the guy. You wait, we'll offer them DanksII or somebody good.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe

Youkilis update: Indians, White Sox and Dodgers appear to be the three primary teams. #RedSox

https://twitter.com/PeteAbe

The longer this goes on the more I feel like it ain't happening. It's dragged on for basically two days with people reporting us being very interested. When KW makes a move he pounces before any really has a chance to break it. I have a feeling we are being used as leverage in the media and in reality we may not be all that interested.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
The longer this goes on the more I feel like it ain't happening. It's dragged on for basically two days with people reporting us being very interested. When KW makes a move he pounces before any really has a chance to break it. I have a feeling we are being used as leverage in the media and in reality we may not be all that interested.

All the Red Sox are trying to do right now is move him to an NL team. We'll find out shortly if one actually wants Youkillis.

Ken Rosenthal

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: ‪#Indians‬ “longshot” for Youkilis. ‪#Dodgers‬ minimal contact with ‪#RedSox‬ today. Signs point to ‪#WhiteSox‬, ‪#Pirates‬ or another club.

-----

This reeks of the Red Sox putting out false information to get us to pay more.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
Ken Rosenthal

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: ‪#Indians‬ “longshot” for Youkilis. ‪#Dodgers‬ minimal contact with ‪#RedSox‬ today. Signs point to ‪#WhiteSox‬, ‪#Pirates‬ or another club.

-----

This reeks of the Red Sox putting out false information to get us to pay more.

Quite possibly.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
All the Red Sox are trying to do right now is move him to an NL team. We'll find out shortly if one actually wants Youkillis.

This. If the offers are close (or if the Dodgers are really serious) he'll wake up a Dodger.

For all we know, every other team could be a bluff. Stare em' down, KW.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

I'd pass on him right now.

This never works out well when it becomes a bidding war for a guy past his prime.

Sox will offer too much and we'll be screaming about losing Mitchell/Danks, whomever, in a couple years.

I swear I can picture Kenny overpaying again for this guy.

Just say no, Kenny, unless they'll take Crain or Hudson off our hands. Or Lilly or somebody like that.

Don't give them somebody like Flowers or Mitchell!!!!! Please no.

Make it Crain for Youk straight up.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
I'd pass on him right now.

This never works out well when it becomes a bidding war for a guy past his prime.

Sox will offer too much and we'll be screaming about losing Mitchell/Danks, whomever, in a couple years.

I swear I can picture Kenny overpaying again for this guy.

Just say no, Kenny, unless they'll take Crain or Hudson off our hands. Or Lilly or somebody like that.

Don't give them somebody like Flowers or Mitchell!!!!! Please no.

Make it Crain for Youk straight up.

lol wtf are you talking about?

They can have Flowers, Lilli and the whole gang if they want before I'm giving up Jesse Crain